Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

How To: Rough Country 2.5" Lift Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Starting Member
blaz is on a distinguished road

Measure from the center of the wheel to the fender lip. With out a bodylift it should be 21" on a 2nd gen. 22" on a first gen.

http://www.roughcountry.com/install/242n2.pdf

Old 02-03-2015, 09:11 PM
TMR_BLAZER is on a distinguished road

I hate to bump an old thread, but how is this RC lift holding up so far? any complaints? I will be purchasing one soon.

Can you also tell me If my torsion bars are already cranked, will this lift add 2.5 inches on top of that, or will I only gain more like 1 inch.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-04-2015, 08:11 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TMR_BLAZER
I hate to bump an old thread, but how is this RC lift holding up so far? any complaints? I will be purchasing one soon.

Can you also tell me If my torsion bars are already cranked, will this lift add 2.5 inches on top of that, or will I only gain more like 1 inch.

Thanks in advance

Short answer... it didn't hold up for him. It's worked out for others ok as far as I know.

He's since gone to a solid front axle

Here's his thread, I think there's pics of what happened to the control arms in there. Basically, control arms broke at the welds, then he blew up the front diff. https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...-blazer-75972/

It's 2.5" from stock, so no you won't gain 2.5" if they are already cranked.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:43 PM
bruncoon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blaz
I also installed the rear shocks today and measured them beside my stock bilsteins. The RC's are 26" fully extended and the stock were 24" fully extended. when compressed the rc's are about 1/2" longer.
so what all have you done lift kit and tire wise to your blazer because honestly i love it.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:30 PM
Starting Member
blaz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bruncoon
so what all have you done lift kit and tire wise to your blazer because honestly i love it.

Here is the build thread.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...-blazer-75972/

Basically a Solid axle swap with a dana 30, a spring over in the back and a 2 " body lift. Tires are 315/75R16 duratracs on some zq8 wheels.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Starting Member
Noah99 is on a distinguished road

How did you put your brake lines back on? Did mine and tires rubbed a hole in the brake lines

Old 09-13-2015, 07:24 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

I have a ? on the bump stops. Im assuming your talking about the upper arm stop, right? In the pics it looks that the threads are long enough for adjusting. Are the threads still too short?

Old 09-15-2015, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by TMM217
I have a ? on the bump stops. Im assuming your talking about the upper arm stop, right? In the pics it looks that the threads are long enough for adjusting. Are the threads still too short?
Yes the upper arm stop. Not sure what you're asking though. I believe he just took a piece of 1/4" plate and cut it to size and drilled a hole in the middle for the bump stop thread to go through. Hopefully that answers your question...

Old 09-15-2015, 09:41 AM
Starting Member
madmaxxed is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to picture what the upper control arm bump stop makes contact with. I am getting ready to complete the front portion of this lift and just got the nuts and bolts together with the components of the lift. The bump stop it right to the underside of the control arm with the bolt sticking out the top. It looks like they aren't adjustable out of the box unless you make something or use something on the under side of the control arm to move the bump stop down.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:06 PM

Upper bump stop hits a piece of the frame. Yes, it mounts underneath the control arm. No, they aren't adjustable as is.

Quick Reply: How To: Rough Country 2.5" Lift Install