Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

rear spring pads for leaf over axle

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:23 PM
harpnicholas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rear spring pads for leaf over axle

i found an aftermarket part through Mr Gasket that should be able to be used for a leaf over axle move. The part is called Rear Housing Spring Pads. Hope this helps people

Old 05-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could just cut the old ones off and weld them on the top.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Starting Member
blazen99 is on a distinguished road

also something im thinking of doing

Old 05-11-2009, 09:51 PM
s10 blazer dude is an unknown quantity at this point

were weldin ours we put the truck in drive after the swap and that rear end pivoted real bad up to the truck and a little bit of u- joint rub..its gunna cost 100 bucks to cut and weld the pads..but i'd stick to cuttin the old ones

Old 05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

So does the rear sit ridiculously higher than the front or did you install a 6" lift or a SFA?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 PM

on my buddys the *** end was up high and he told me to crank his tbars all the way ,, i told him the ball jonits and cv's are gunna be stressed but he uses it as a beater truck in the mud so i cranked them all the way and it evened out

Old 05-14-2009, 08:00 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

so he got about 6" of lift by just cranking the tbars??

Old 05-14-2009, 08:15 PM

no like 3 in the front and 4 in the back plus 31" m/t's goin on there,,but i have a feelin first time we take it out somethin up front is gunna break, but we work at firestone and get parts for cheap so its all good in the end

Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

hmm i always thought that the leafs over axle swap gave you about 6" of lift in the rear not 4"

Old 05-14-2009, 08:46 PM

well maybe it is we didnt measure it legit, it just doesnt look like 6 by starin at it..but i know that you cant get 6 with the t bar crank and its almost evend out so i think it is 4

Quick Reply: rear spring pads for leaf over axle