Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

SAS Bolt On Kit for S10's

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Beginning Member
EXKid is on a distinguished road
Default SAS Bolt On Kit for S10's

Anyone seen/tried this yet? I don't think it's been available for very long so any experience with it is probably preliminary. I eventually came across it while looking for the setstr8.com setup, which apparently has gone offline as of late. Search yielded no reference to it on BF.

There are kits for both 1st gen and 2nd gen, but since I have a 2nd gen that's what I was interested in. It's about twice the cost of the Sky, but I think that one requires welding it in, where this is bolt on.

https://www.4wdfactory.com/store/pro...sion-%284wd%29

Any info appreciated.
Thanks

Old 11-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a fairly well thought out kit for installing leaf springs.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:43 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Still needs steering, brakes, and driveshaft considerations.

Ive been eyeballin' this kit as well

Also the kit lists full size chevy axles as options...those are all passenger side drop axles..so unless youre getting creative with your transfer case...just stick to looking for Waggy axles or early Fords.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Odd this came up because I was surfing s10 forum for the first time looking at all the sfa builds and it seems that the 4wd factory sells a lot of parts to members on the site.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member
EXKid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by WolfPack
Still needs steering, brakes, and driveshaft considerations.

Ive been eyeballin' this kit as well

Also the kit lists full size chevy axles as options...those are all passenger side drop axles..so unless youre getting creative with your transfer case...just stick to looking for Waggy axles or early Fords.

The first things I think of are gearing and lug patterns, lest I need to locate a rear axle as well. Acually I haven't done that much real reearch into doing this, so swapping out the rear might be a normal thing to do in this case.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:13 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I'm already considering this. I saw this on the s10forum as well may be a summer project either 2011 or 2012

Old 11-28-2010, 10:15 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

If I had the money, I would really consider this!

Old 11-29-2010, 12:48 PM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

this is another one to look into. the pricing varies by the options you pick and imnot sure what it will run but it looks like a pretty good kit.

http://www.metalshopmotorsports.com/...CTS_-_S10.html

Old 11-29-2010, 08:26 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

So if you use this kit can you still get your truck inspected ? Will it still be legal for road use or just off-road?

Old 11-29-2010, 08:39 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by atvwarrior
So if you use this kit can you still get your truck inspected ? Will it still be legal for road use or just off-road?
That's going to depend on your state.

The main issue for the driveway mechanic is going to be brakes. Most of the time with an SFA swap you remove ABS functionality, which sets a trouble light and trips a code for the truck (body code though, not a OBD code, so again, depends on your state).

Secondary issue is that most states have a bumper height law. You can only lift the bumpers so high over stock before it's not road legal. Also you can run into headlight limits as well...NC regulates truck height by headlights not bumpers...so again, just check your state laws.

Quick Reply: SAS Bolt On Kit for S10's