Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Spring-over conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 10:22 PM
remery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spring-over conversion

just got my first blazer.....the cherrys popped
its a 00 ZR2 and i've noticed it sits higher than most other zr2s i've parked next to, it clears 31s with plenty of room for larger tires.the only thing i can figure is the previous owner replaced the leafs and tbars with new oem ones.

now onto the point. i'm seeing if anyone has done a spring over conversion on tese and can give me a heads up on some potential problems one could run into.

also, how would you go about leveling out the front without having to fabricate drop brackets?

it look as tough the conversion would lift the rear up ~3-4 inches

any insight is greatly appreciated

emery

Old 05-10-2008, 11:00 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Spring-over conversion

A SOA conversion in the rear gives you 5' of lift...the problem is that you then have no way to lift the front end the same amount without fabbing a differential drop bracket.

As for your ZR2, OEM spec is 31x10.50s, but I'm not sure how much bigger you can go without lift...you'd be suprised how little it is [&o].

The Superlift 6' kit and the Trailmaster 5' kit both use SOA lift in the rear, and then come with the neccessary parts to drop the diff, and relocate the tbars to give IFS with the lift.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:07 PM
remery is an unknown quantity at this point

thats what i was worried about. don't really feel like droppin 2k on a kit.

loos like i'll be fabbin this one out on my own.

i've neer played with ifs before, so it should be fun. i've always built cherokees, decided i wanted to try out something new.

i'll keep pics posted of my progress

Old 06-01-2008, 06:51 PM
blazalanche is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm thinking of doing the same thing bro. i'm not paying for something i can build with a little time and effort. keep us posted on your progress.

later,

matt

Old 06-02-2008, 12:31 AM
flarvin is an unknown quantity at this point

my friend and i where talking about doinga spring overon my blazer.couldnt you get a torsion key lift and some drop spindles?

Old 06-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

SOA will get you somewhere in the realm of 5" lift out back. You would need to drop the front diff to get anywhere near this lift up front. No way a torsion bar crank (keys or otherwise) will get you anywhere close to this without severely damaging your CV shafts.