Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

START HERE - lift kit list

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 10:51 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dhud64
So, a 3" body lift is the maximum for a 99 TB, is that correct?
As far as I know there isn't a 3" body lift kit sold for the 2nd gen Blazers. Lots of people have successfully adapted the 1st gen 3" kit onto the 2nd gen Blazers though. Anything bigger than that will probably involve a lot of custom work and fabrication.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:23 AM
Starting Member
Bolbol is on a distinguished road

Any experience with the 6 inch RC lift?
Seems cheap but doesn't sound bad. Worth?

Old 06-10-2015, 05:47 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

^ inch lift is a decent kit, would recommend some low backspacing rims and at 10.5 tires to increase stability. Need a wider stance

Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 PM
keegs35 is on a distinguished road
Default New to suspension mods

So, I have a 2000 Blazer LT, 4-door, 4 wheel drive. I am looking to put a 2 inch lift on it and upgrade the suspension, but honestly have no idea where to start, what I need to make sure is compatible between the lift kit and the suspension parts (shocks, struts, etc.). My blazer is riding a little harder so i do know the suspension needs to be upgraded.
Just looking for direction of where to get started or where to learn what I need to before getting underneath the truck.
Also good brands and parts that people have tried.
I am also trying to do this rather inexpensively but don't want to buy something that isnt quality, just looking for that happy middle ground of quality and cost.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Starting Member
Eloi Brouillard is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Info Needed

hey guys my names eloi im new to the blazer fourms and am looking for advice i just git a 01 blazer ls and am looking for a lift kit preferbly 6in lift kit dose any one know if any of those kits are compatible with the 2 door blazer? all the help is appreciated
thanks

Old 02-08-2016, 10:46 AM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Not that I can think of. Your best combination for the money is a 2" body lift and 2.5" rough country lift. That should get you to 31's

Old 11-20-2016, 10:13 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road

I'm wondering what the bare minimum is that has to be done when doing 3" lifting keys and shackles and possibly 2" body lift on an old 85 Chevy S10 4x4 Blazer. My son is wanting to get just enough room to run my friend's 31's and as most of you probably know they hit on the back side of the wheel well.

I've researched changing the torsion keys - easy enough - and I know how to change the rear shackles - also easy enough - but I'm wondering what else Has to be done after doing those.

I'm also curious why it seems common to see 1-3" torsion keys sold with 2" shackles. Am I mistaken or does that actually only give you the choice of going up 2"? (I've always been under the impression that a 4x4 should be level.)

Last edited by Brian K. Balzer; 11-20-2016 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Forgetfulness
Old 11-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brian K. Balzer
I'm wondering what the bare minimum is that has to be done when doing 3" lifting keys and shackles and possibly 2" body lift on an old 85 Chevy S10 4x4 Blazer. My son is wanting to get just enough room to run my friend's 31's and as most of you probably know they hit on the back side of the wheel well.

I've researched changing the torsion keys - easy enough - and I know how to change the rear shackles - also easy enough - but I'm wondering what else Has to be done after doing those.

I'm also curious why it seems common to see 1-3" torsion keys sold with 2" shackles. Am I mistaken or does that actually only give you the choice of going up 2"? (I've always been under the impression that a 4x4 should be level.)
i think something else you may want to look into is shock extenders. i am by no means an expert on lifting but i have done my research. they extend the length of your shocks without extending your shock travel so they aren't maxing out their travel when going over bumps.

As for 1"-3" torsion keys, they are almost no different than your factory keys except that their angle is slightly different. they allow you to crank them over the factory keys amount. so really you don't really need to swap them if you plan on doing a 2" lift. Anyways that is my understanding of it.

Old 11-21-2016, 03:28 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

I would think the 1"-3" keys will let you level the truck. Front usually sits lower than rear from the factory.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:06 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road
Default Shock extenders

Originally Posted by 95teal4x4
i think something else you may want to look into is shock extenders. i am by no means an expert on lifting but i have done my research. they extend the length of your shocks without extending your shock travel so they aren't maxing out their travel when going over bumps.

As for 1"-3" torsion keys, they are almost no different than your factory keys except that their angle is slightly different. they allow you to crank them over the factory keys amount. so really you don't really need to swap them if you plan on doing a 2" lift. Anyways that is my understanding of it.
Thanks for the input. I'd thought about those as well but according to some of the people I've been talking to it would also require the brake lines, filler neck, and steering column to be lengthened.

At this point I'm not sure it would be practical to try to lift it. Still weighing the options though.

Quick Reply: START HERE - lift kit list