Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

START HERE - lift kit list

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Beginning Member
mb6790 is on a distinguished road

ok so is it different for a 95 blazer? and how would i know if i need to do this. also if i do do this, what size rim and offset for a 31 inch tire woulf be best, in order to not rub the fenders? i noticed the first post said "with stock rims" it will rub. im trying to give my blazer a wide look. maybe wheel spacers+what rim?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

For your year, I believe you dont have to extend any wires. Just some brackets for the bumpers and remote oil filter. Oh and you might need to extend your gas filler hose, but that will come with the kit. As for the wheels, you can get cragar soft 8's or pro comp rock crawler wheels with a 4.5" back space and you wont have any rubbing issues.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to be fair and to prepare you, I forgot about my shift linkage issues when I made my last post, I chose to not fight with the shift linkage extension fab and slapped a B&M floor shifter in (took about 20 minutes max), problem solved.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Beginning Member
mb6790 is on a distinguished road

i just bought a set of black soft 8's and im workin on the tires at the moment probably goin with yokahamas. i guess the bl is easier then i thought, and i got an auto with the in dash 4x4 push button device so i should be good.. i think.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
97blazer13 is on a distinguished road

I don't know if this is a common problem or not, but I installed the Rough Country 2" lift and the new upper C/A's did not last long. The bolt holes rounded out and now nearly all of my brand new front suspension components are worthless... Has anyone else heard of or had this problem? I am thinking if I dont go higher I will have the local fabricating shop either repair them or make stronger copies. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Starting Member
one.shot.one.kill. is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen the torsion keys snap into 3 peices on a Rough Country 2" lift and the shocks ride like death, (papacope), but thats about it.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:31 PM
02CKblazer is on a distinguished road

okay... so i have a 2002 4d 4wd blazer and i want a 2" lift but i have limited money so i was wondering how to get the lift without spending a ton of money or doing a lot of work... any suggestions?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Multiple threads have been made regarding this same question. If you want a 2" "cheap" lift, just get 2" shackles and crank your torsion bars 1.5".

Old 10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I thought this thread was a sticky. I'm sticking it at the top now

Old 11-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned
Wahtuhunell is on a distinguished road
Default Lift Kit list

To fit 32s with just a supension lift u would probably get away with a rough country or superlift 2" kit, not a huge kit so not too expensive. You might wanna do a little trimming on the inner fenders to help with rubbing

Quick Reply: START HERE - lift kit list