Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

tbar crank and shackles

Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

seems cool at first, but without a huge mud flap, my ride is impossible to keep clean, shoulder checking visibility is next to none sometimes.....also more of a chance of spitting up rocks at other drivers....but oh well, it looks cool...right?

Old 04-10-2009, 12:59 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

lol its guys like you that make my windshield look like a mine field.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Beginning Member
bclhaezveyr is on a distinguished road

i'd be happy if the rear was even with the front which is what i'm think i'll do. goin' to the parts store this morning and getting some universal shackles and see what happens. luckily i weld for a living so if i have to reinforce them it won't be to bad. that and my dad is pretty handy with about anything he gets his hands on so.. i'll try to post some pics later this today or this weekend. whenever i get it done.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:19 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I am not a fan of wheel spacers. Right now I am looking into a new set of wheels. Probably will be these...

http://store.summitracing.com/largei...1-5865ps_w.jpg

Old 04-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Beginning Member

yeah those look nice. i'm not a fan of the chrome look, i prefer the black more. also **** universal shackles they are P.O.S. i just stopped at weld shop and picked up some scrap 3/8" plate steel going to make my own.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

hey look on bds-suspension.com for instructions to the body lift
and i can see you haveing rubbing issues with 31's on those rims
they are 10 inches wide with .5" more backspacing then your 8 inch wide rims

Old 04-11-2009, 08:58 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

They will only stick out 1.5" further than what I have now. But yea, I'm betting the 10" wide wheels will present rubbing problems. Maybe I will "borrow" a set or at least two for front and try them out first.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Beginning Member

well i didn't get my lift done this weekend. have everything made just ran out of time. darn those small town bars.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Location: Eternia in the winter and Metropolis in the summer.
burningsun is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm running 31x10.5 on stock wheels. I have the tbar cranked up and a leaf added in the back from a jeep. This setup is super stiff you don't get any body roll. But forget about alignment. The speedo is right on the money at 72 mph it reads a little slow at 55 my gps says 56 mph, so not that big a deal there. I rub on the inside of the tire when i'm at full turn. I put this lil blazer through some crazy **** also, Put you a e-z locker in the rear and the off-road capabilities of the blazer rise exponentially. I just purchased the rough country 2inch kit I should add 1 inch over what ive got now, with out being so stiff. Ill make a post about all fun that entails. the tire I'm going with after that will be 31 x11.5 on a 16 inch wheel with 4 inch backspacing. Then in about 2months project V-8. the new 4.8 and 5.3 get as good or better milage with about 80-100 horses more. Then it'll be a solid front axle after that, cheaper than the 6inch suspension kit.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
minorthreat412 is on a distinguished road

I personally have had the worst time with the 2" shackle/torsion key lift. The shackles are perfectly fine, although, I've had countless problems with the front right axle. Basically, if you crank your t-bars too much they will grind at speeds above about 60 mph. I've changed my axle once already, and now I've got my t-bars set as low as possible and the grinding is still there. As a matter of fact I'm about to go put the original keys back on.

You can do a body lift and get rear shackles, but don't bother installing the new keys unless you can't level the truck with the stock keys.

And by the way, I have rims with a 4 inch backspacing. I had to fabricate the fender to make it turn without rubbing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tbar crank and shackles