Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Want 32 11.50 R15 on 95blazer - what to do?

Old 06-21-2009, 12:44 AM
LemonBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Want 32 11.50 R15 on 95blazer - what to do?

1995 S10-Blazer 4WD 4.3 Vortec

I want to do lift to get 32x11.50 on aftermarket 15" rims - will a 2" body lift work? I have viewed many forums and some say yes, some say no......wish to install wheel spacers as well but not sure of the size yet - will this effect the installation process also? Thanks to all for help on this issue.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:49 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

a simple search would have shown you need atleast 5" of lift to run 32's, but youll probably end up needing more lift depending on the backspacing of your wheels and what size spacers you run. although if you dont mind some heavy trimming you can fit 32's with 2" of lift.

Last edited by mikeinwi; 06-21-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:48 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Either go with a 6" lift or stay with a 31" tire.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

a 5 or 6in lift along with a 2in body lift should beable to clear them. Unless the have a really low backspacing

Old 06-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Logan is on a distinguished road

2" suspension and 2" body you can. You will need to trim the front bumper a little.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:48 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

What good is advice is everyone gives something different?

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
a simple search would have shown you need atleast 5" of lift to run 32's, but youll probably end up needing more lift depending on the backspacing of your wheels and what size spacers you run. although if you dont mind some heavy trimming you can fit 32's with 2" of lift.
I'm w/ Mike, the search function does wonders, there is a very nice, clear thread about necessary lift.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:19 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by okvortec
What good is advice is everyone gives something different?
LOL... ok LemonBlazer, let me clarify my advice.
I have a 2" suspension lift, a 2" body lift and trimmed fenders. I am currently running 31-10.50s on a 10" wide rim with no problems.
Now if I went up to a 32-11.50 tire I would encounter tire rub on the rear of the front fenders. But I could probably do it if I stayed with a narrower rim. I believe that you will have some tire rubbing issues if you actually go off-roading.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

Everybody forgets about the 3" body lift that you could get to work for your truck by making your own lift for the bumpers which would be easy. With that and 2" rear shackles/1.5" tbar crank on some aftermarket rims with a slight trim of the valence/possibly an inch or two off the corner of the wheel well and you could run 32's.

Just keep the rims as close to stock backspacing as you can, you are already running a much larger tire going with 32's, and changing the angle on your suspension/steering so you dont need the extra stress on mainly your wheel bearings.

I run 31" tires on stock wheels with a 2" body lift, 2" rear shackles, and about a 1" tbar. I've only once ever hit the fender and it was just the inner and folded it about .5" out and it was my stupidity hitting a bump driving through a feild in the winter at speed. Five minutes later with a rubber mallet and you'd never tell it happened.

And on the opposing side 31's do great in the mud, the extra .5" of clearance and 1" of width from the 32's probably isn't going to make a huge difference. They will take more power to turn, chew up your gas mileage depending on your gears = how much(hopefully 3.73) and shorten the life of your suspension and steering components; more weight on everything especially shocks yada yada yada.

Short answer = yes
Long answer = yes, but dont complain about the money you spend doing it.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 PM

Thanks for your advice guy - I appreciate it

Old 06-22-2009, 10:51 PM

Swain, thanks again for your comments. I actually have some 31x10.50s on my Ranger and and almost convinced just to switch them out. I am planning on the 2" body lift and ~1"t-bar crank, but what is the downfall of using 2" leaf spring block spacing as opposed to the shackles. I tried 2" shackles on the ranger and all it did was put additional stress on the leafs, not much lift in the end. The blocks seemed to be the better opt in that case. Just curious of any opinion why shackles are better for lift in blazer as opposed to the blocks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want 32 11.50 R15 on 95blazer - what to do?