Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

1995 GMC Jimmy Electrical problems.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 07:11 AM
Beginning Member
mvamobile is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mvamobile
Well it has been a while. I did replace the fuel tank, pump,sending unit, and fuel filter. It still runs rough while pulling our trailer. I think I have the vacuum problems fixed. Although when it is running rough the brakes become hard to depress. After pulling the trailer it runs rough for about 15-20 of driving the it returns to normal. The last time we pulled the trailer when we turned off the ignition we heard a bubbling sound from the fuel tank. I read somewhere it my be the EVAP canister, but it does not have any problems filling the tank.

I also still have a problem with the blower fan shutting off. There is a plug on the passenger side against the firewall that is burning and melting on the inside. Can anyone tell what this plug is called and what it connects? I cannot find anywhere that I can get it. What would cause it to melt and burn other than a bad connection? Is this a common problem?

Here is the plug I am talking About- Jimmy Plug - YouTube

Thanks for the help.

I have done some more research and the red and blue wires only get hot when the blower fan is on high. The other speeds that run through the resistor do not heat the wires. Thanks.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:20 PM
Starting Member
joy517 is on a distinguished road
Default 95 Jimmy TCC location

I have a 95 GMC Jimmy SLE V6 4wd that started running really rough and then started to die after driving at freeway speed and then coming to a stop. Used a code reader and got the code P0742 for the TCC I have been looking everywhere to determine where this part is actually located so that I can replace it. Can anyone tell me if it is located in the pan itself or is it on the outside of the trans case?