Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

1996 blazer turn signal issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Beginning Member
rock_fan87 is on a distinguished road
Default 1996 blazer turn signal issue

i have a 96 blazer . the turn signals wont work . the hazzards work but the turn signals wont . i have replaced the flasher . i think it could be the switch but all in the same im thinking it could be something else . the windshield wipers work and the curse control works as well just the turn signals dont work . i know all the bulbs are good because they flash with the hazzards

Old 12-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

It's a stab in the dark, but what about the fuse?

Old 12-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Beginning Member

the fuse is good and has been replaced had a short fixed the short lol . the flasher has been replaced as well . the rear will flash as long as i manually do it and the lights are on or the break is being pressed , but i dont get anything from the front lights even though the bulbs and flasher are good . also the hazard lights are good and in working order so any ideas ??? lol i really hope its not the switch witch i think it is but i wanted to pick everyones ear about it before i try to screw with the pain in the *** of replacing the switch

Old 12-13-2013, 03:51 AM
Beginning Member

thanks for the shot in the dark Diaita i just forgot to mention that the fuse is good is all sorry for that man

Old 12-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

Do the backup lights work? Are there any other electrical items that don't work?

I'm thinking it's the fuse (turn/backup #16), the flasher relay, or the wiring in between.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

i remember the hazard switch went out on my blazer once none of the rear lights worked don't remember the part number though, it cost about 25 at the chevy dealer

like this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7A4-MULTI-TU...item4ac43352d7

Last edited by JavierEscalonJr; 12-13-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: add info
Old 12-14-2013, 12:03 AM
Beginning Member

my hazards work along with all my rear end lights even the back up lights work the only lights not working is my turn signals . i know all the bulbs are good as well ive either pulled them out or seen them light up . i have replaced the flasher as well

Old 12-14-2013, 12:35 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Multifunction switch?

Old 12-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Beginning Member

thats prolly the issue and i believe i have another short now because my back up lights wont go out now when the lights are on btw all the fuses are good so its not a fuse and the hasard lights do not work now after this rain

Old 12-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Beginning Member

i fired the thing up earlier i turned on the lights and the battary guage wasnt charging untill i reved it up and when the lights are on it charges right at 14 volts . and just so everyone knows my blazer has been wrecked and has a buckled hood no girll and a bent bumper and fender there was a short by the break spitter for the abs on the driver side on a baby blue wire i spiced into it and replaced a section of it and havent had an issue till today . the weather was wet and nasty . btw i know i need to at least get a new hood for the truck it would help things out a lot i know lol

Quick Reply: 1996 blazer turn signal issue