Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Aternator PigTail wire missing from harness(RED)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Salvatier is on a distinguished road
Question Aternator PigTail wire missing from harness(RED)

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum as I had recently purchased a 95 S10 Blazer. It's a 4 door, 4x4, auto SUV. VIN is1GNDT13W7SK22007. I am having trouble keeping the battery charged. I had taken it to Advance Auto to have them check the charging and there was NO recharge to the battery. I then took the vehicle home, purchased a new alternator removed my old one and went to Advance. Had them test alternator to make sure it was actually bad and turns out it was fine. I checked the connections to the alternator and the clip with two(2) wires actually had one wire just hanging there. The two wires are colored BROWN and RED. The BROWN wire was connected but had been spliced. The RED wire was just sitting there so I looked where the brown wire was coming from the harness but I cannot find the RED wire. I took it to a mechanic and he was also unable to find the wire. So I am wondering whether or not it is suppose to be wired to the harness. If it is then I'm hoping someone may know how I can rewire it. I have read that the wire comes from the ECU/PCM which is what tells the alternator to charge the battery. Maybe someone can tell me what pin this is and how to wire the RED wire to the alternator because I believe it may need a resistor or something to keep from blowing the voltage regulator within the alternator. Thanks to anyone that can help!!!

I'm sorry but I had posted originally on Mechanical/Maintenance and realized I had screwed up after I had submitted thread. Hope that this repost will be ok.