Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > Lighting & Electrical
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Starting Member

AndrewRSmall@Hotmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default 1998 Blazer Power Seat fix

I just fixed the seat on my 98 Blazer. Thanks to everyone who have posted fixes on this site because it has saved me a lot of time and trouble. I had a problem with my power seat (driver side) which was intermittent. When the seat wasn't working it would drain the battery so something was shorting. The wiring under the carpet turned out to be fine but. The problem turned out to be the wire bundle between the seat position switch and the motors was being squashed between the the seat bottom and a metal part of the seat base when the seat was all the way lowered. There was a wire in that bundle that had insulation worn away and was grounding to the metal seat base. I think this was caused by the fact that a couple of the steel wires under the seat that support the foam were broken letting the seat sag a bit. I sealed up the wire with electrical tape so that should fix it for a while. I'll fix the seat support as well at some time.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
1998, 98, blazer, broke, chevy, common, electric, fix, front, power, problems, sagging, seat, seats, switches, wires