Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

92 blazer rear window (button)

Old 02-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Starting Member
Cidium is on a distinguished road
Default 92 blazer rear window (button)

The rear window release button isn't working. This is what I have, 12v to the switch, tested working switch, no power to the lock solenoid . What i need to know is there a relay between the switch and solenoid? If so where is the stupid thing?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Metalicalf is on a distinguished road

I believe the relay you seek is in the fuse panel inside the dash on the drivers side where the door and dash meet... I have the same problem but my power door lock switches and mirrors don't work either they all quit at the same time

Old 02-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Starting Member

Haven't done much on this problem today. I have done a search and looked at all the years in my POS chiltons manual and I can't find anything on the rear/hatch window release. I have power to the switch but from the switch to the hot side of the window solenoid there is nothing. My only guess right now is there is an open between the switch and the solenoid, maybe the wire harness that runs from the body to the rear gate. Strange thing is the button used to operate the solenoid, push the button and you could hear the thing go ker-klunk. I was just an 1/8" from releasing the window, the next day i went out to adjust the window latch and now it has completely stop working - no ker-plunk.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Will it work when the truck is running (and in Park)? Sometimes mine won't work when the bsttery voltsge is a little low.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Starting Member

I was wondering, does anyone have the wiring diagram for this window release? I just need to know if there is something like a relay between the switch and solenoid or if the solenoid direct connects to the dash switch.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Starting Member

I really want to finish this project up. There is no change with the truck running in park. You see there is 12v to the switch, with the key off, the switch is working I tested that. No voltage from the switch to the rear window solenoid. So the wire from the switch is either open or there is something between the switch solenoid that I don't know about. I cause I next need to ohm the wire from the switch to the rear solenoid.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The rear window release switch provides power to and through the tailgate control relay. Ground for the relay is provided through the park/neutral switch (auto trans) or the parking brake switch (manual trans). Both must be present for power to be sent to the window release actuator.

Attached Thumbnails 92 blazer rear window (button)-92_tailgate.gif  
Old 02-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Starting Member

Swartlkk you are a wiring god - thanks this is just what i needed. I do have one question, it says the liftgate control relay is behind the left side of I/P - what is the I/P?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I/P == Instrument Panel

Old 02-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Starting Member

I am really jazzed, just went out and lifted up on the tree gear selector and pushed the release button and the damn thing works. So it seems my park/neutral switch it out of adjustment. Man can't thank you enough for that diagram.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 blazer rear window (button)