Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

95 blazer s10 turn signal wont work with headlights on

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:09 AM
Ray_C is on a distinguished road
Default 95 blazer s10 turn signal wont work with headlights on

Hi guys,

Im Ray and I'm brand new here, just registered. I have a good one. So I just bought a Blazer and the left turn signal has some issues

It wont work while the headlights are on.

It stays on, just the left blinker lit and blinks maybe once every 4 or 5 seconds.

The right blinker works fine.

The bumper on the left side, right on the left blinker was dented pretty bad. enough to where ill need a new blinker housing.

Im pretty sure its not going to be as simple as replacing a bulb or fuse, since the headlights are what influences it, so somehow a wiring issue with the headlights are to blame.

Could it be a connection problem? Worn or disconnected wires somewhere in the housing or a wire harness? bad ground?

idk im confused. let me know if you have any ideas

thanks

ray

Old 03-20-2012, 01:21 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Try wiggling the 4 way button back and fourth while they are on and see if it changes at all.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 PM

where is this 4 way button located? and are u talking about the blinker button or headlight one? can you be detailed please lol im not too savvy with car terminology

Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Does it do it when just the parking lights are on? If so, then I would check or replace the bulb. It's possible that the filament is weak and touches the other causing your problems.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:19 PM

yep does it when just the parking lights are on too. no change.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:21 PM

change the parking light bulb or the blinker bulb. how would the filimeant touch the other wire if its inside the bulb? right now i have the bumper and grill off anyways so nows the time to fix it

Old 03-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

As far as I know, they use a dual filament bulb, not separate bulbs.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:19 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yup the bumper lights and taillights use doubles ... ya might wanna check all of them

Old 03-20-2012, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Remove the LF bulb. Turn on signals with park lights on.
If LR now blinks fast, you have a bad ground to the LF socket. 12v from park lights is back-feeding through to the flasher.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:07 AM

problem fixed. changed the blinker/park light bulb and it works fine. electrical issues are weird. simple fix. now i have to fix the back hatch. it wont open with the key or with the back hatch button.

on a side note. every inside light on the vehicle is broken except one. out of the 4 rotator bulbs on the top panel only 1 works when i press the button. one is missing an entire bulb and insert cover and the other 2 have covers. the dome light also doesnt work. i took off the cover and the bulb looked fine. might try replacing that though. how hard is it to get all of the lights working. the one in the top back doesnt work either. also, the electric mirrors dont work and i think its a bad motor. does that sound like a hard fix?

Quick Reply: 95 blazer s10 turn signal wont work with headlights on