Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

ABS light-How do I reset it?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:17 PM
rockman600 is on a distinguished road
Default ABS light-How do I reset it?

Does anybody know how to reset the abs on a 94 S10.It got unpluged under the hood, I pluged it back in and now they don't work and the light is on.I was told that if I unhooked the battery for 30 mins. it would reset. I left it off all day and that didn't work.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:47 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

i know that will work for the check engine light, its possible their might be a abs issue. try driving the truck around and see if that will reset it. even at work we have the obd2 scanner and ive never reset a abs code. usually after you fix the problem it will either go away right away or after you drive it a bit

Old 01-29-2011, 12:15 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

did you check to make sure the fuse is in properly and not blown......when abs has pissed me off in the past i have just pulled the abs fuse and it turns the abs light on.....i waited a few months for it to burn out but it never did so i put the fuse back in.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Jump pins A & H on your DLC. That'll tell you any codes. If you just want to clear them jumper DLC A & H terminals (with key on) for 2 secomds, remove the jumper for 1 second and then jump terminals A & H again for 2 seconds. This is still and OBD1 truck and that procedure can be found in the Factory Service Manual on Page 5E1A-6. Terminal A is the upper far right terminal and H is the bottom fifth terminal (from the right).

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 01-29-2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Added info and reference
Old 01-29-2011, 06:49 PM

Thanks,I will try the jumping terminals first thing and post the results.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:51 PM

@Gimpy Blazer
I checked the codes and I got a 53 code(system voltage high).I cleared the code from the ABS and the light went off and now the ABS is working again.Thanks alot for helping me out.I have asked everybody how to do that including some mechanics and no one was right.Thanks again,you were a big help.I also have a check engine light that only comes on when the engine is hot and idling.The code for that was 54(mixture control solenoid M/C)I have noticed that it seems to be using more gas than before and I can't find anything about it in my Haynes repair manual.

Last edited by rockman600; 01-30-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

The first problem you have is you have a Haynes manual. The Factory Service Manual (FSM) says a Code 54 is Fuel Pump Relay (Low Voltage). Tells you how to test the system and to reset the fault. Key off and then pull fuse #9 (ECM B) for 10 seconds. If it shows up again let us know. The tests are a pain to write down here. This stuff is copywrited otherwise I'd scan and put it here for you. If you still have a problem, PM me.

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 01-31-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:46 PM
BlazinIowa is on a distinguished road

I've been researching this, as I have brake issues with my 93 and 94 Frankenblazers. There seems to be some common confusion, and I'll try to explain what I've learned (I think!).

Jumping terminals A and B will cause the SES light to flash and display the stored codes for the engine systems.

Jumping terminals A and H will cause the ABS light to flash the stored codes for the ABS system only.

These are two different sets of codes...a code 51 means a rear isolation valve circuit is open if it is the ABS light, and means an error in the electronic control module if it is the SES light.

Check out http://www.tradervar.com/GM%20Code%20Scanner%20CP9001_english.pdf.

It is a lot to sift through, but it describes the process. BTW, most scanners only jump those terminals (but they use a nice shiny plastic case to hide what is, essentially, a paperclip) so IMHO, they are not worth the expense.

Last edited by BlazinIowa; 02-04-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Beginning Member
swedp is on a distinguished road

my experince with abs light has always ended with bad hub bearing

Old 02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

oy........ not looking forward to a new wheel bearing. good chunk of change.... but when ill pull my brakes at the end of the week ill have to check them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS light-How do I reset it?