Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

AD244 Alternator wiring harness question

Old 06-18-2010, 02:07 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AD244 Alternator wiring harness question

Finally pulled the trigger and got a new alt. It's a 250amp AD244 alt from DB Electrical. Now I know I have to grab a one inch longer serpentine belt, and fanagle one of the mounting bracket's bolt, and not use one of the brackets at all. Blah blah blah. But what I'm not 100% on is this.

I know I need a new wire harness to connect my wiring to the alt. But I'm wondering how to wire it. I know the AD244 alt has the 4 pin connector, and my truck is only a 2 pin with 2 wires going to the connector. Since later model trucks arn't in the salvage yards near me, I'm probley going to get the connector for the CS130D. I was told that that connector would work with the new alt as well. Even it has 3 wires coming from it.

I just want to make sure I wire it right. Here's some pics of the alternator.

Welp, I just got home from work and realized I left my tool box at work... So while you all debate and drool over my new alt. I'm going to drive back to work, which is about a 50 mile round trip Dammit! oh well at least I remembered now instead of when I go to do the install...

Old 06-18-2010, 07:42 PM

One at a time, your all posting at once and I can't understand it. ha ha

Small update. I went to Advance and got my one inch longer belt. The guy at the counter had done some custom work like this before and was actually trying to sell a amplifier. So he knew just what I was needing.

Also swung by the salvage yard and picked up a alternator connector. Here's a pic.

I pulled it off a 2nd gen s10 blazer with what looked like stock wiring and stock alternator. (It also had a K&N intake and Trans Dapt. TB spacer. So I double checked to make sure it wasn't aftermarket.) And it fits the plug on the back of the alternator.

It has two wires coming off the connector, one pink with black stripe, and one brown wire. I'm guessing this is the connector from a CS130D. I'm gonna guess the pink/black is the ground and the brown is power but if you know what's what, post it up. I also found these on a mid 90's camaro. They looked like the ZQ8 wheels that everyone is looking for, didn't have my phone in the salvage yard to get a pic.

Hope they will fit the camaro rims I got on my truck right now. Might paint the red bowtie black to match the truck after while. Maybe my buddy will quit complaining about camaro caps on the blazer. Plus I don't like the gold thats on the camaro centers now.

Soo... I'll check back later... lol

Old 06-19-2010, 01:31 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i'm just waiting to see the alternator installed and what voltage it keeps you at all the way in the rear at your amp

Old 06-19-2010, 03:01 AM

Well well well... If it isn't, uh... you.
Yeah I'm amped about it too. Apparently no one can tell me plainly that the plug I picked up is what I need. But my old plug has two wires, and this one has two wires. And since this one fits in the new alternator bracket, I'm just gonna cut the old connector off and connect this harness on the wiring. We'll see what happens.

Plus I just read about a GM made heavy duty AD244 deal that involves a copper stator? that the positve battery post on the back of the alt is connected to. They said the copper one is better and helps with higher amps, and mine is the standard aluminum .

But that's what they made rebuild kits for! I can swap out just about anything on here I don't like. And since the regulators are replaceable and not a huge pain like most alts they can be replaced pretty fast. But I'm gonna hold on to my 140amp CS130 and harness, just incase. More info tomarrow, with pics.

And I wish that Flint wasn't like 6-7 hours away from me. That get together your planning sounds great. (Plus my blazer could hit some trails and **** major bass at the same time, lol.)

Old 06-19-2010, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

hahaha, bass..... i miss bass... soon enough though, still not sure whats going on with my situation. if my brother finally pays me for all the work, or even gives me the amps as payment, i might be running something a little more interesting. but, only time will tell.

can't wait to see what your car says once you install it. will it be a "thank you for showing me some love" or will it be a "what the F*** is this thing?"

Old 06-19-2010, 04:14 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

hmm i put one in my 99. Not sure why yours would be different but mine bolted right in and plugged right in to the factory connector. My connector only has one wire on it for the factory and it works fine on the bigger alt too as far as I know. The only problem is ive gone through a few alts in the past few months. That may have to do with my dual battery wiring or just a coincidence.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:06 PM

Well I'm half way done with the install, and am going to start a "How to" thread at the request of some people. NVANZEE, my factory alt was a CS130, not CS130D like the 2nd gens. My alt had 3 small pins and 1 big pin, versus the 4 small pins on the later model blazers alts. I took a pic of it for reference, I'll post it in the other thread and link that thread in this one.

I got my serp. belt yesterday. Factory belt was I think 55 inch or something like that, told him I wanted one 1 inch longer. He said he had done alt swaps before and knew what I was talking about. Guess what happened when I tried to put the new belt on today? He gave me another 55 inch belt... moron. So I'll try to finish the swap tomarrow, after going to Advance for another belt.

Edit: here's a link to my "how to" install; https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/first-gen-ad244-alternator-install-how-pics-45964/

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 06-19-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Link to install thread