Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Alarm install

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:33 PM
blazin8556 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alarm install

i just put in an autocommandi RKE with RS and alarm. i got the remote start to work and the keyless entry using the relay diagrams on the12volt.com. my current issue is... autocommand says to hook their (-) trigger wire up to the white wire on the switch in the side of the dash for the door which is a positive. i have tested the three wires in various ways with my volt meter. its seems to me when the button is pushed in it has a (+) 12v current. do i still hook into this wire using a relay to reverse polarity? i tried tapping into it, setting the alarm and opening the door and nothing so i quickly cut the wire to prevent a problem. also another question. my trucks running light do work, when i use the key they come on no problem. when i hit the start button on the remote the running lights, side markers, fuel pump, and door chime all come on, as expected. but once the truck starts the running lights are no longer on. ok. but when i put the key in and turn the ignition to switch the power and tap the brake to turn the RKE unit off, the running lights remain off. to get them to come on i turn the headlights on and off. and they are on. so what i am figureing the remote start is not activating the daytime running light relay correct? is this a problem?

Old 11-16-2009, 07:07 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

I didn't understand everything that you are getting at, I started to get confused with where you were.

What wire did you use for the lights (color and location)?
What is the (-) trigger wire that you're speaking of?

I just finished wiring up my viper and I was able to get everything to work so I hope I can help you out. Here are a few things that might help if you don't have them already.

Wiring diagram and pictures

Here is a little walk through for part of the wiring.

Hope those help some.