Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

All lighting on dashboard gone, and unable to engage 4wd., 95 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Terje is on a distinguished road
Default All lighting on dashboard gone, and unable to engage 4wd., 95 blazer

hi folks!
soo, I'am currently having a bit of a annoying problem with my blazer s10 95.
All the lighting around the ac control, inside the speedometer, and all over the dashboard are not working. or at least I can not turn them on anymore. That includes the lights and also the function of the electrical engagement buttons for the 4WD. so I also don't have any 4WD and that sucks in the wintertimes here in Norway.
the problem accured after I heard several times some buzzing noises from the drivers side of the dash. Then one day when i switched on the headlights that also is suppose to turn on the lighting in the dashbord nothing happend. and no respond on the 4wd buttons. But the headlights does work doh.
All gauges and warninglights on the instrument panel works fine. when i can see them in daylight,..

My first thought was the headlight switch, so i replaced it, I also shecked the fuses of course. But nothing changed. so i tok apart the dash looking for relays and such, I replaced 2relays and one little circutbord that was wrapped thogetther right beside the steering rod. i also changed the relays behind the glove compartment. No luck. I tried to replace the 4wd "switch" on the dash, still no luck..

The headlight works fine, and i can turn them on when the car is not running with the switch, but nothing more happens, the "light is still on" alarm are also not working. And if i try to switch on parklights nothing happens, still lowbeam.

Any thoughts, or experiences from similar problems.,?