Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Brand New HIDs not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

They should at least power up regardless of the use of a relay kit.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:16 AM
98hc4mula is on a distinguished road

here is an update.
I just flipped the harness around and HID started to work. Had to do this on both sides.
This is just weird, seems like the harness had the Power and ground flipped on both of the units.

thanks for all who replied. Also I dont think I was being to inpatient on getting answers, I did wait about 20 hrs before I posted again.
being new to this forum and reading a post like that makes me think about the help one might get.
FYI, Im not a newbee when it comes to cars and modifying one, I hope I can offer some good suggestions in the future.
thanks

Old 03-07-2010, 10:43 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear you got em going. Thats 2 people this week that I have made this suggestion to and it worked.
Seems the manufacturer needs to correct the markings on these kits.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:47 PM

no kidding,m that would have made it much easier, I had already mounted the ballast and everything then I had to take them down and do the job twice. but all in all, the kit is pretty nice, the ballast are slim and the lightning is very bright. I opted for the 8k and love the visibility as well as the slight bluish tint.
thanks again folks.
David

Old 03-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got it fixed!

And by all means, completely take my reply as some kind of insult; something which it wasn't intended to be...

Old 03-07-2010, 05:31 PM

hey Swartlkk I didnt take the reply as an insult, I did think it was pointless so say that I needed to be more patient. How long should one wait for a little reply? the thread had a bunch of views by the time I had replied to it the second time.
Again, its no big deal, we are here to help each other with problems when needed.
I hope this site to be as helpful as other that I frequent.
thanks again for all the help given. I love this forum Ideas.......very HELPFUL...
cheers

Old 03-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Well, considering that your post didn't fall off the front page of the section you posted it in, IMO, there was no need to bump it... And views don't necessarily mean anything. Could be a bunch of people were having the same problem as you. But you just read the first three words of my reply and dismissed the rest of it...

In the end you got it fixed.