Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

LED Interior for 2000 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 01:22 PM
jtbwatson is on a distinguished road
Default LED Interior for 2000 Blazer

First off, I'd like to give a big thanks to Thogert. His post listed here helped immensely and I wouldn't have been able to complete this in the time I did without it. I didn't do the window control lights because my controls look like crap to begin with. I'll do those and update this post when I get nicer ones from the junk yard or make my own.

This is what I needed and used for MY Blazer. It might not be the same for yours. I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer LT 2WD without fog lights and without a sun or moon roof. I think that this post should apply to all 98+, but don't quote me on that. I just know that it worked for mine.

I got all of mine from superbrightleds.com and they were almost plug and play.

Here's the list:
  • Gauge Lights - 6x 194s with twist lock base. These were a little bit of a pain. I took a serrated knife to saw away the "lock" on the twist base so that I could rotate it any which way but still keep a grip. The problem was that the contacts were offset by 90 degrees as opposed to the 30 or so on the stock one, and the contact wasn't actually touching what it needed to.
  • HVAC Controls - 4x 74 Bulb. I did not buy the twist lock bases with these, but with some patience and a pair of needle nose pliers you can pull out the copper tabs and the light will come with it. Then just place the tabs back in with the pliers. Patience is a big part of this. Also, I'm going to switch them with these because they are hotspotting.
  • Dome - 562 OR 564. Superbrightleds does not have these, and they suggest a 561 which does not fit directly. You're going to have to wrap the ends in aluminum foil, or copper foil if you have some, and then insert it into the fixture. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, then you're going to have to search for a bulb online. It works for me.
  • Cargo Area - 562 OR 564. Superbrightleds does not have these, and they suggest a 578 which I had to use a file to trim the square edges of the circuit board. It still works and you don't damage the circuitry at all unless you're a gorilla with tools just going at it.
  • Floor Lights - 2x 194 wide angle
  • Map Lights - 6x 194 wide angle These can be annoying to install, but make sure you pop out the silver part before taking out the bulb (you'll see it when you get there)

I also replaced my front sidemarkers with these 194s and they rock.

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any suggestions. Hope this helps

Last edited by jtbwatson; 03-28-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:52 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Nice, I did a custom setup for my dome light and cargo light, so it's good to see the actual bulb # you need.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:17 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

my 98 took those in the back seat. (have a sunroof) they are a direct fit for what i had in mine, but i dont know if they changed it later.