Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Ebay Halo lights

Old 10-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road
Default Ebay Halo lights

Hey y'all OSS here;

Just picked up and installed some Ebay projector headlights + tailights today, and I'm wondering which wires I tap into to activate the Halo lights (I know it would be the DRL wires..which are they?) Also, the rear LED tail lights, which would be the DRL wires for these badboys? Thanks in advance y'all!

-OSS

Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Well the rears don't have or use DRL's. They're off in the daytime & on at night as they get hooked up in the regular fashion & are turned on with the AHL's.
As for the front halo's I got 3 way splice connectors & spliced into the low beam headlight wires. That way they're only on when the headlights/DRL's are on. This is for my '02 that has the DRL's as high beams on low power. So splice into which ever circuit your blazer uses as the DRL's or not - depending on your tastes. Have them on with the DRL's or only when the headlights are on with the AHL's.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:53 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

If the halos are leds they will not work correctly when you tap into the drl (high beams wired in series at 6 volts instead of 12) They are most likely CCFLs though, and I don't think the inverter will run on 6 volts either. I'd find a power source that is hot with the key on and either disable the stock drls or leave them as is.

As for the tail lights, you can run the halos with your parking lights or with the brake lights, which ever you decide. I think most use them with the parking lights, but some don't.