Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > Lighting & Electrical
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 AM

BadAssBowtie is on a distinguished road
Default Frustrated. Oil Pressure Sending Unit.

Help me out here please. I've searched through and through and not one post anywhere on the web can specifically explain where the oil pressure sending unit is located on a 94 Chevy S10 4.3 Vortec. Not even a pic has been posted anywhere. So my question is this....

Click the image to open in full size.

Is this the OPSU under the distributor?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
2002 Chevrolet Blazer

Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Rottidog Send a message via Yahoo to Rottidog

I do believe so. Mine was FUBAR & the warrenty replaced it, but the 280lb mechanic made up a few new swears getting to it behind the distributor. But mine is an '02.
Lifted
Modified
Wolf Performance dynotuned PCM www.wolfperformance.com/about.html#Title1 <-- look at that resume & tell me you'd be uncomfortable with him working on your vehicle.
www.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/Rottidog/CB%20The%20Cranberry%20Blazer%20_GF%20made%20up%20 the%20name_/
YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl0YwGxOJms&feature=plcp
Old 05-04-2011, 05:29 PM

BadAssBowtie is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking the distributor needs to be pulled. I am in the same boat as the 280 lb mechanic. Fun stuff.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Starting Member
1998 Oldsmobile Bravada
My Garage

LowLife is on a distinguished road

yes that is your oil pressure sensor, i changed mine out on my 96 while i had the upper intake off, was not fun at all but i did change it without moving anything other then my upper intake.
1996 chevy blazer lt 4x4 4dr
1996 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6r
1996 Kawasaki KX-250 "278cc"
1995 lexus es300
Old 08-06-2011, 04:39 PM

cape8303pandora is on a distinguished road
Default Replacing Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Ok guys, help me out please. I have the part and a Chilton. Never worked on cars in my life but I want to learn and I need to replace this part. I'm not having my work mechanics or another shop do it for me since I got raped on the cost of an engine replacement (which was used and I was charged to fix what was wrong with the replacement engine). Any advice on how to do this? I'm looking throughout the manuel and I can't even locate the damn thing in the book. My Blazer is dumping oil like there's no tomorrow. 94 chevy blazer s10 automatic 4wd- engine is a w model. Help! I'm a female so everybody just gives me vague answers when I ask questions. I'm not stupid and I'm tired of waiting for flaky people to help me out.

Last edited by cape8303pandora; 08-06-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 PM
BF Veteran
1999 Oldsmobile Bravada

pettyfog is a jewel in the roughpettyfog is a jewel in the roughpettyfog is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape8303pandora View Post
Ok guys, help me out please. I have the part and a Chilton. Never worked on cars in my life but I want to learn and I need to replace this part. I'm not having my work mechanics or another shop do it for me since I got raped on the cost of an engine replacement (which was used and I was charged to fix what was wrong with the replacement engine). Any advice on how to do this? I'm looking throughout the manuel and I can't even locate the damn thing in the book. My Blazer is dumping oil like there's no tomorrow. 94 chevy blazer s10 automatic 4wd- engine is a w model. Help! I'm a female so everybody just gives me vague answers when I ask questions. I'm not stupid and I'm tired of waiting for flaky people to help me out.
Is this familiar?

Where is the oil sending unit on a 1999 oldsmobile bravada?

Get this, though...
Quote:
on the top left side near the distributor/high voltage switch on the 4.3L engine. Fig. Fig. 1: Oil pressure sender location-1996 4.3L engine

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable and drain the engine oil.
  2. Disconnect the sensor electrical lead and unscrew the sensor.

To install:

1. Coat the first two or three threads with sealer. Install the sensor and tighten until snug. Attach the electrical lead.
  2. Connect the battery cable and fill the engine with oil.
Wha.a.a.a.a.a.T!!!! Boy those guys that write that sure have a sick sense of humor.

Also.. there is an older sender looks like this:

Last edited by pettyfog; 08-06-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
2000, 94, 98, blazer, chevy, located, oil, preasure, pressure, s10, sender, sending, sensor, unit, vortec