Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Interior LED replacement guide

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 12:28 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I've never personally had the opportunity to work on, or look at a K5, but if anyone here has some experience, it would be great info.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Beginning Member
CYPH3R is on a distinguished road

Thanks! i just ordered all blue intrument back lights and white dome lights and license plate lights. super easy with the web site and this thread as a reference!! will post before and after pics When i can

Old 12-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Willmsy is on a distinguished road

So the defog, wiper and hatch button lights are 4mm neo wedge types on a 1995 blazer that is Canadian. Just ordered up all these lights according to your specs just to realize they are wrong.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Vader is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Willmsy
So the defog, wiper and hatch button lights are 4mm neo wedge types on a 1995 blazer that is Canadian. Just ordered up all these lights according to your specs just to realize they are wrong.
Where in Alberta are you? What site did you order the LEDs from?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Willmsy
Ok, what kind of bulbs does it need if you wouldn't mind?

Edit: Doh, sorry, I'll put that in.

Last edited by Thogert; 12-17-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:39 AM
Willmsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Vader
Where in Alberta are you? What site did you order the LEDs from?
I'm from Red Deer, and I used super bright LEDs.

Another note I would make is for the 1995-97 blazers, in the 4x4, switches, you have to take out an orange lens. If you get a pick or small screwdriver you can work at it from the inside of the switch and it will eventually come out. I chose blue for my 4x4 switches, and holy hell is it ever bright. I cut up a clear plastic bag and put a couple layers between the led and the lens to dim it down, you may want to do the same.

Last edited by Willmsy; 12-18-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 PM
BF Veteran

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that in this post. I think I had it in my original one, but maybe not. Thanks again. I actually used masking tape that was the same color on mine.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Beginning Member
packrat1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LED Replacement Dimension Questions...

When you are referring to 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm LEDs, just what dimension is that? The diameter of the socket? The diameter of the lamp? The length of the lamp? I have measured all of the dimensions on the bulbs and sockets that came out of my '99 Blazer's driver door switch assembly (power windows/door lock, etc) with a digital micrometer, and none of the numbers are close. Are you rounding off.

Thanks for any info you can provide...

packrat

Old 09-27-2014, 11:31 PM
Starting Member
DocMcBuff is on a distinguished road
Default LED for exterior

Would LED lit license plate frame work on a 98? What about changing the license plate sockets to LED. I can't seem to get my license plate lights working.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:20 PM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road

194 Gauge bulbs Note: you dont need to buy the twist locks The gauge panel already has the Stock ones inplace swap out the new LED bulbs with the old twist locks

Anyone know the Bulb size for the gear selector? i'm guessing 174

Quick Reply: Interior LED replacement guide