Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Kc hilites slimlites

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Beginning Member
dlmallory is on a distinguished road
Default Kc hilites slimlites

Looking at getting the KC Hilite Slimlites but not sure if I should get the driving lights or the long range lights. I want something that will light up the roadway and the trails very bright. Any suggestions?

I also saw online the Hella 500FF lights. Does anyone know anything about them? Seen alot of good reviews on those too.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:53 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I have 4 of the KC long range lights, and they are great... for lighting stuff up that's 500' away, but don't do much for close range lighting. If you want to light up the trail close to you and at distance, you'll want the driving light beams.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:09 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I think what you're after are 2 different kinds of lights. Driving (highway) lights are long range focused or pencil beam style & off road/trail lights are off road lights, more of a flood beam pattern.
The Piaa 520i fog lights I have actually light up 300' infront of me even with their 95* light angle. The 85watt bulbs are great & I use them as driving lights with the low beam 6000K HID's in projectors.