Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Keyless Entry 2000 Chevy Blazer LS

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough
Question Keyless Entry 2000 Chevy Blazer LS

I bought my 2000 4 door blazer at an auction one year ago, the thing is really solid all around except for the fact that I only got the keys and no key fob.

Ive been searching around on this site and the web and have only found SOME answers. After researching online i found that almost all 2000 chevy blazers/gmc jimmys use model #15732805. So, I ordered a 3 button Key fob with a model #15732805.

Also ive been trying to try to get my truck into programming mode so i can program the key fob. I have had no such luck. I have been following this guide. How to Program Keyless Remote for GM trucks and SUVs - YouTube , My locks wont cycle after turning the key On OFF On OFF.

So i guess my three questions are....

1) Did I order the right remote? If not how do I tell which remote i need?

2) Why wont my truck go into programming mode? Is there a different way?

3) When i bought the truck the guy told me the alarm was removed. Does this matter?

It would be very helpful if you could go into detail with your responses because when it comes to electrical stuff, i know about 0. Thanks!

Old 01-21-2012, 02:14 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

They way I did it on my 93 (not sure if it the same way on yours but it worth a try) is I jumped pin A with pin G on the DLC (Data Link Connector) under the dash, when I did that, the doors unlocked and the back glass popped open. Once that was done, you press any button on the remote, and then remove the paperclip from the DLC. After that it worked.
However I had the original remote that came with the truck.
But like I said, its worth a try that way.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Starting Member
Thumbs up

Thanks for the Reply! My key-fob should be here monday but i am going to go out and monkey around with the DLC. I will try ur method and see if it works. Ill report back here if i find anything interesting.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Starting Member

So after being frustrated with my searching for any signs of hope under the steering column of my blazer, i took a break and went to swap out the seats with the leather trailblazer ones. BAM under the seat is a spare key with 2 aftermarket key fobs on them. And they both work!

I bought this car at auction so im guessing whoever had it before me lost the keys and the fobs and couldn't find them. Usually when your talking about cars you don't like suprises but this is a rare exception!

I could not be happier! =))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Last edited by Wisco Blazer; 01-22-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Mike-buggsbuggy is on a distinguished road
Default more remote problems

I bought a factory replacement remote and followed their programing guide. All door functions and rear hatch functions worked before I started. Everything worked with the remote except rear glass hatch lock. We thought! We realized that none of the door manual lock buttons would work and we could not get into program mode to retry. My sons 98 Blazr is at the Chevy dealer tonight and they heve not been able to get it to go into program mode. They tested all relays and wiring function and it checks out. But cannot reverse the loclout on program.....help