Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Security Light Flashes, Truck Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM
cynthia.k is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexazz2
does you light look something like this ?
flashing led - Google Search

Guys were installing them to prevent clowning jackasses
they were just a simple LED that flashes $4
Most turds that might try to break in would likely be scared off just by its sight
I have one that is turned on by my car alarm on the back of my rearview mirror but they could just be wired direct to any power source

I would remove the panel its attached to and check the wiring

Sorry, I've been sick with the flu and not left the house for 2 weeks now.

The light looks like this:

Red Light | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Which, I am guessing came from this car alarm installation business in Michigan. Car Sounds & Alarm
There's a sticker on one of my windows.

Today, I had an appointment and as long as I won't be in anyplace very long, I just leave it running in the parking lot (with the doors locked). I went out this morning and started it up. I've not had a problem with it starting since I got it back the day after Christmas, but don't run it but maybe once a week. Anyway, I shut it off after it warmed up and then went out a couple of hours later to go into town and, of course, it wouldn't start. That light was blinking. It blinks even when the truck is off. It did stop blinking once last week when I went into town, but then when I got home and shut the truck off and started it again, it started blinking.

I pulled every fuse out, one at a time and the light kept blinking. There's a wire attached to one of my fuses, in the 4WD socket, and I have no clue what it is, but I pulled that out too and it kept blinking. Now, the fuse doesn't fit in tightly when I replaced it and is crooked in the socket. Anyone know why? It kinda looks like it is connected to the fuse to the left of it too when you remove the fuse from the socket.

Fuses | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

That didn't end up telling me anything, so I started messing with stuff while I was turning the key over to see if I could figure out what was going on. I happened to hit the passenger side lock button and the truck started.

It won't start if you are hitting the Lock position, but it will start if you hit the Unlock position. Also, the window up/down control will not work. The door seal (I'm guessing) has been leaking around that side occasionally when it would rain hard and last summer, I took the part of the door off that holds the lock/window up-down button and cleaned off the metal part because it looked corroded to me. The window had not been going up/down at that time either. After I cleaned it, it worked. I removed the wires from the button controls today, but that didn't change anything. So I put it back together and the truck still starts when you Unlock that door.

I noticed when I went back over to the drivers seat and started the truck again that now my Temp. and my Fuel gauges are no longer working, along with my 4WD (buttons on the dash above radio). I don't know if that has to do with something in the fuse box when I was removing and then putting fuses back in or what. I don't understand why my other gauges work, but these don't?

I'm wondering if this alarm system has something to do with some sort of door modules and the water getting in my truck has either shorted something out (it was raining the first night of my problems) or corroded something so that it's setting off the alarm system and in turn, my truck won't start. I don't even know where to begin to look.

I did contact the alarm business and explained what is going on and asked for information, hoping they could look up my truck in their system by the VIN number or something so I can at least try to remove the system or my mechanic can. I don't know why the truck has an alarm system on it anyway that would disable the running of the truck since it has Passkey anyway.

Anyone have any clues from my new info they could throw my way?

Thanks

Old 08-10-2013, 04:37 PM
darkstar4692 is on a distinguished road
Default help me please

I have an 2001 Chevy Blazer and I have had this problem two or three time now and I am at a loss as to what to do this time. It seems that every time my battery is disconnected for a period of time and then reconnected the car goes into anti theft mode the l head lights and turn signals blink and the car won't start and we have tried to 30 min rest and it still won't the start and the starter won't turn over even engage I have all my lights and gauges working. I had a key fob at one time but it doesn't work any more and I am not working at the time so money is a big issue. As far as we know there is an aftermarket alarm on it but not sure how to figure this out can anyone please help