Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

A/c only works on low in my 1994 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 12:29 PM
oannamarie is on a distinguished road
Default A/c only works on low in my 1994 Blazer

I have a 1994 Blazer and my a/c only works on low. I changed the blower motor resistor yesterday which did not resolve the problem. However, when I put on the connector to the resistor and slowly take it off I noticed it started blowing on high again.

It stays on high until you turn it down to low and then it will not go back to high unless you take the connection off the resister and then put it back on.

Can anyone advise what the problem may be. I am thinking the wiring to the connector that goes on the resistor may be bad and if that is the case, does anyone have a wiring diagram for same so I know what color wires operate what in order to replace them.

Thanks for the insight.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Starting Member
Magmotor is on a distinguished road

Seeings the motor went to high means the motor is good, the blower relay sitting on the blower motor is good, the motor went to High so the resisitor pack is good, so I'd replace the inside Low-High Fan Switch...

Old 07-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

High works through the relay and is independent of the resistor pack.

Before you replace anything, ohm out the connections on the resistor pack. You should have continuity from each pin to each of the other pins. The resistance will change from pin to pin.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 AM
oannamarie is on a distinguished road

Magmotor:

Can you tell me how to go about replacing the low-high switch? Im not really familiar with Blazers. Im more of a mustang person.

Thanks.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The switch magmotor is speaking of is in the dash, what you physically move to change fan speeds.

As I stated though, before trying to replace anything, I would disconnect the wiring at the blower motor resistor pack and run a continuity test from one pin to each of the other pins. If your multimeter doesn't show continuity from one pin to all other pins, then the problem is in the resistor pack.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Starting Member
Magmotor is on a distinguished road

Oannamarie...do you have a volt/ohm meter and was that a new resistor pack you installed? That switch can be a pain so let's do the easiest thing first in order to see what has to be done to fix that issue.