Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

dont hold the cig lighter in son!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 04:53 PM
stuuqqy is on a distinguished road
Default dont hold the cig lighter in son!!!

121845 Miles on 84 s10 Blazer 4X4 Tahoe. My father gave it to us with 96000ish miles. So my boy says "hey Dad, how hot does the lighter get?" he held it in and bzzzt !!? now passenger floor light stuck on! horn, dome, hatch switch, stereo, and of course lighter do not work. fuse is good. checkin power to all others...nothing. constant power to psgr flr lt only! dash and glove box all apart and about to pull instr cluster to chase wires without pulling steering wheel to check those connections. all wires i have exposed and chased near center of dash in great shape. what the heck could of happened? anyone experience something similar? dimmer works dash lts..everything functioning except horn,stereo lead, cig ltr, hatch release and crtsy lts. big WTF!! OVER? HELP now needed!! any1?

Old 09-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Default short it out!!!?

You are not gonna believe this!! Ended up crossin constant orange to white black wire and burnt horn and crtsy fuses... replaced them both, and now all back to normal except power door locks not working... can live with that!! wth??? 28yrs of hanging out so close 2gether wires must have issues @ fuse block?! WOOHOO!! now i dont have to hillbilly hotwire stereo and such!!
Originally Posted by stuuqqy
121845 Miles on 84 s10 Blazer 4X4 Tahoe. My father gave it to us with 96000ish miles. So my boy says "hey Dad, how hot does the lighter get?" he held it in and bzzzt !!? now passenger floor light stuck on! horn, dome, hatch switch, stereo, and of course lighter do not work. fuse is good. checkin power to all others...nothing. constant power to psgr flr lt only! dash and glove box all apart and about to pull instr cluster to chase wires without pulling steering wheel to check those connections. all wires i have exposed and chased near center of dash in great shape. what the heck could of happened? anyone experience something similar? dimmer works dash lts..everything functioning except horn,stereo lead, cig ltr, hatch release and crtsy lts. big WTF!! OVER? HELP now needed!! any1?

Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Beginning Member
MyHeadache is on a distinguished road

In your first post you didn't mention the power locks not working.

Could be a relay or fuse for the locks. Have you checked the switch on the passenger door? Have you checked to see if there is voltage going to the switch?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:19 AM

Thanks Man! but locks were working... after shorting wires from 30amp constant. checking switches but just put psgr door panel on after adding speakers!! driver side still off so starting there. Hate replacing trim panel clips!! unsure where relay for locks is... dangit man!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Beginning Member
MyHeadache is on a distinguished road

Couldn't tell you where to start looking. might try by the e-brake. got a set of doors off a sonoma for my 89 s-10 truck that had power locks and think I saw something there.

got this from a haynes manual 82 - 93 s-10, 83-94 blazer.
it's not go to be much help
untitled.pdf