Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Sun Visor Make Up Light Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Beginning Member
tac2015 is on a distinguished road
Default Sun Visor Make Up Light Question

I have a '98 LS and the make up lights in the sun visors have lights and they stay on ALL THE TIME! even when the key is turned off. The tiny plastic pin button that turns light off when it gets pressed up against the top doesn't turn it off unless I press it with my finger. I am thinking there is a piece missing like a rubber bumper that presses on the plastic pin?

Right now I have a piece of paper folded up and laying between pin and top part of visor and it presses on the pin enough to turn light off.

Is there something missing that fits on the plastic pin?

Thanks Guys
Patrick

Old 11-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tac2015
I have a '98 LS and the make up lights in the sun visors have lights and they stay on ALL THE TIME! even when the key is turned off. The tiny plastic pin button that turns light off when it gets pressed up against the top doesn't turn it off unless I press it with my finger. I am thinking there is a piece missing like a rubber bumper that presses on the plastic pin?

Right now I have a piece of paper folded up and laying between pin and top part of visor and it presses on the pin enough to turn light off.

Is there something missing that fits on the plastic pin?

Thanks Guys
Patrick
Sounds like the switch that turns it off is defective.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:23 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

This is a well known problem with these things. Your choice is to either unhook it, or get a working visor from a yard.

Search the forum or google for other answers since this has come up many times.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Starting Member
rxjimmy is on a distinguished road

If this is the case, why not just get a bumper foot from the hardware store and glue it to the inside of the cover. Or even just glue a piece of cardboard to replace the folded paper you are now using. It may be a partially broken hinge on the cover. Eventually this may fail totally and the bumper will not do the job.

You can unscrew the visor mount. The wire will be visible and there is a connector that can be unplugged.