Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

blizzard of 2011 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough
Default blizzard of 2011 thread

figure this would be the place to post some pics. ill get some tomorrow. i just went out and decided to test the roads, its not often you get to drive in a blizzard, the main roads are fine. the side roads are insane. 2 foot snow drifts just slam you all over the place. drove around the neighboring streets for abou 5 minutes then went home before i did something stupid.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Subscribed
I want to see these pictures and see how they stand up to a normal winnipeg winter!

Hope you all get out there and have a TON of fun in the snow!!!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:34 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i'm hoping we actually get what those "Chicken Little" weather forcasters are calling for.

camera is charged. gonna see if i can get some vid of the drive over to my brother's tomorrow.

gotta pull the engine outta his RX. hopefully there will be time to go for a drive after.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Starting Member
billbobagns is on a distinguished road
Default Snow outfit

Got a good 13" of snow in Shawnee, east of Oklahoma City. Much more than folks around here are used to, both to drive in and to manage from the stand point of the city and state crews.

So, State and City Governements and most companies told folks to stay home.

High today was 11 and we'll drop to 0 tonight.

So, like I do every November, I had 4 steel studded snow tires on my 97 Blazer 4X4. Stock suspension, stock tire size, stock 4 Wheel ABS, Stock 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Stock G80 locker. My Blazer is a "Sleeper" in the snow.

I pulled out 3 4X4 Police vehicles, several "cars" a late model Jeep "X" (or what ever) and one 4X4 Ford F250. This guy said "I never thought that little Blazer would be heavy enough to get me out of there".

My secret is knowing how to "use" a slightly elastic tow strap! If I can only get enough traction to pull dead maybe 300 lb of force, with the strap, I can get a little "run" at it, then when it hits (and you got to be careful about over-hitting it) and that strap stretches, I bet it increases that 300 to 1000 or better of force.

Love my little Snow-Blazer!

Old 02-02-2011, 12:22 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

We are getting nothing but ice since earlier today.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Michigan State University cancled classes for Wednesday, according to some of my professors this is the first time in like 20 years they have done this.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Owasso had just over 20 inches. i dont know what the official report is......

Old 02-02-2011, 01:08 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just rain here in SE GA. No snow and I like it like that.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

They're calling for 50+cm out here (thats over 20" for you Americans). Hasn't started yet...should start soon. I'll snap some pics tonight once it starts.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

We got screwed! Only ~8" total. Weak!

Quick Reply: blizzard of 2011 thread