Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Embarrassing stories? Post 'em here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road
Default Embarrassing stories? Post 'em here!

What have you done that made a laughing stock out of you?
I'll go first.

One time, I was out relaxing at the lake in my inflatable boat. I can't swim- I never have been able to. I think it has to do with genes because I've had so many near-drowning experiences that I should be able to swim by now, but I can't.
But a friend of mine was determined to get me to swim, so he suddenly swam up and overturned the boat. I nearly drowned, and I could practically feel death wrapping its icy fingers around me when I managed to see my boat. I reached up and grabbed it, then managed to hold myself up on it. I then coughed up all the water and proceeded to scream my head off at my friend. There were lots of people there, and practically everybody within earshot was looking at me. After I ranted for a while, my friend looked at me and said "you can stand up now."

The water was about three feet deep.

What have you done to humiliate yourself?

Old 01-21-2011, 12:58 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I'll play along...

So I'm driving west on a highway, merging onto a northbout freeway. the merger happens UNDER a lifted portion of the west bound strip. this is important because it's kind of a long blind right turn that feeds out onto the next strip.

As i was coming out of the turn, there was a chick in full leathers and helmet, pushing a yamaha street bike (GSX-R maybe?) out of traffic toward the shoulder and struggling. me being a gentleman and a Soldier, I slid over into the shoulder just a head of her to help out.

i drop back and we end up dragging the bike (on it's tires) into the open area because a hoody had become bound up in the back wheel. with the bike clear of traffic, we both pull out knives and start hacking into the hoody to get it free. as we work, in a spritely voice she says, "thanks for stopping."
I'm all, "no problem happy to help "

i remember that i have some trauma sheers tucked into my first aid kit and that they power through uniforms and body armor... i run back secure them and put them to work. while sawing, pulling and snipping, i quip, "you should take your helmet off, it will make more people willing to stop and help."

He's like, *helmet off, you think so?"
i go

the whole time i thought this cat (5'4" maybe 115lbs) was a chick... he even had a high pitched voice!!
dilligently (and in awkward silence) i make short work of the material left bound up. this dude, head shaven, gauged ears, and goatee stabs and pulls and BAM it's free.

sadly, THIS is where it alls goes wrong(er)

i go to shake his hand and say, "GL bro, be safe," and take off, but he's turning away, so instead i say it and shift to attempt a hardy slap on the shoulder... however he catches the failed handshake attempt and turns back to shake. we end up my right arm up to slap, his right hand down to shake turning toward each other...

this ends in the single most uncomfortable unintentionaly bro-hug of ALL time. i think i even said, "uhhhm???" and hit him on the back once before shuffling away saying something about cya and stuff....

it was one of those times sh*t is so embarassing that you actually kind of berate yourself outloud when you are alone. the ensuing 4 or so minutes of driving to get where i had to be was so bad i kept reliving the "omg not a chick? OMG why are he half-a$$ed hugging?!!?" over and over and yelling at myself to never help anyone again.

its one of those things that's so bad, you get embarassed again whenever you think about it...

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-21-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Interesting thread lol. Good idea for one though. Just keep in mind to keep the embarassing stories PG

Old 01-21-2011, 10:59 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

hah Ill play.. most embarassing thing recently. Getting dumped at my now ex gfs parents house (I have no family) and my truck being 4 hours away. Talk about akward.

Edit- this happend over this past christmas. We were there home from college and like I said I have no family to go see. I don't know how that part got left out. Very akward and upsetting embarassing day.

Last edited by cochran07; 01-21-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

Man, that sucks. That's worse than the way my girlfriend broke up with me last year. She never even told me. I just walked up to her one day when she was talking to this guy... All of a sudden they got all quiet and awkward... Ten seconds later I realized. I just kinda walked away silently, bowing my head in shame.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:29 PM

Yeah man it definatly wasn't pretty. That's how I ended up in statesboro, I moved to be with her.. haha oh well its alright down here.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:14 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

well not so much embarrassing as it is funny

trying to spell embarrassing while trying to tell you a funny story (tried to spell embarrassing, and i forgot it was at the top of the page)

on to the funny

i was pulling out a full size burban from the ditch, no big deal i pilled my grandpas 09/10 silverado

well anywho i wrapped the recovery strap around my front tow hooks (both) and i take off backward, little tension and BAM! there goes my recovery hook through 2 windows

the back door window and then the side window

well i took a look and my tow hook snapped.........i hopped out "wtf........" the girl hops out and she says something like "oh my god...." etc etc more shocked not mad...........my front trim, license plate, and tow hook came off..............well the UPS guy comes around with traction pads, nothing, another guy comes over and tells me to turn my truck around, hooked it up to the thing where the trailer hitch goes cant remeber the name right now, gave her a pull and pulled her out, they didnt call the cops because they didnt have insurance now i need to put the trim back up replace a recovery hook etc etc

Old 01-21-2011, 07:35 PM

Good thing no one was in the path of that strap/hook. That'd of taken someones head off.