Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Post your idiotic Driver Stories

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:02 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Talking Post your idiotic Driver Stories

*Formerly "Idiot gets what he deserves thread"*

Last night driving my girlfriend home, we were sitting at a light and I was reaching into the back seat to get her phone out of her bag that was ringing when I slipped and goosed the throttle.

Some dork in a caliber SRT-4 was sitting next to me, I look over with that "oops" smirk on my face and he must have thought I wanted to race since on the green I watched him take off with a huge burnout. The best part is he got pinched by a cop pulling out of the donut shop about 100 yards down the road lmao... All in all, NAY to the street-racing, good way to get yourself or someone else killed or seriously injured IMO

I don't know whether or not to consider this street-racing since there was no racing, just a story of a wreckless kid getting pinched for what the law-enforcement officials around here call "Stunt Driving"... pretty hefty fine...

I anything, this is why BF is against these types of shananigans, Street-racing is illegal, dangerous and deadly. This was an example of the "ILLEGAL".

Last edited by oktain; 12-16-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:49 AM
scott96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Street racing is dangerous, so is using a cell phone while driving.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Not my cell phone, getting it at a red light for my girlfriend to answer.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

blah...don't get me started on the cell phone argument...I HATE it lol.
And for the record...I use my cell phone while driving on a daily basis...so you can see what side of the argument I'm on..lol

Old 06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran

when I do make a short call, I use my bluetooth headset (driving stick with one hand is sketchy at best)

Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oktain
when I do make a short call, I use my bluetooth headset (driving stick with one hand is sketchy at best)
That would be the only reason I would spend the ridiculous amount of money on a BT headset lol. Luckily, I drive an automatic, so I don't have that problem.
And it is against the law to drive while talking on the cell phone here, but the fact is that it's the act of talking on the phone that makes it dangerous, not having your arm up to your ear.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sisk28
but the fact is that it's the act of talking on the phone that makes it dangerous, not having your arm up to your ear.
While I agree that having your arm up to your ear is not the problem, I do not agree that the talking aspect is... Ban talking in general... It just is not practical. People have to be responsible. You do not make them responsible by making up more laws that simply cannot be enforced. How is a cop supposed to know whether you were talking on the phone or just to yourself if you have a completely hands free car phone? Or one of those car phone adapters with a mic and speaker or the Ford Sync? But I digress, gets a little off the topic of some punk kid having a run in with the police.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:29 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by swartlkk
While I agree that having your arm up to your ear is not the problem, I do not agree that the talking aspect is... Ban talking in general... It just is not practical. People have to be responsible. You do not make them responsible by making up more laws that simply cannot be enforced. How is a cop supposed to know whether you were talking on the phone or just to yourself if you have a completely hands free car phone? Or one of those car phone adapters with a mic and speaker or the Ford Sync? But I digress, gets a little off the topic of some punk kid having a run in with the police.
I agree with you totally on this one...I don't think the law does any good. But I also digress, as this is not the original topic at hand lol.
We seem to have a bad habit of getting side tracked .

Old 06-02-2009, 03:34 PM
BF Veteran

I've said what I had to say about punks thinking they're big in their little rice-burners... It's something about the smaller car crowd, they have to prove they're better than the larger vehicles lol.

I had no desire of running him though, for one I'm in a 4x4 not a race truck, and street racing is illegal, dangerous, and just idiotic... I will admit it's cool in the movies though.

(as a sidenote, it's being too immersed in your conversation or other distractions that take your focus off of driving... I've seen someone reading while they were driving! People like that make me want to kill. Eliminating cell phones in cars is just another way of eliminating temptation to distract oneself. People get fed-up of talking to me on my phone while I'm driving because I'm not paying that much attention to them. Usually I'll give them the "YA UNHUH" treament.)

Last edited by oktain; 06-02-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:54 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Hehe in Oklahoma it's illegal to talk on the phone while driving but I swear that probably 8/10 of the police officers I see on the roads are talking on the phone... No joke 80% at least.

Quick Reply: Post your idiotic Driver Stories