Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Tailgate for a 1993 Chevy Blazer Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Starting Member
Umpire24 is on a distinguished road
Default Tailgate for a 1993 Chevy Blazer Silverado

I have looked until I am blue in the face for a tailgate for my 1993 Blazer. I have tried JC Whitney...and about every other parts place. Anyone have any ideas where I can find one

Old 08-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't look like LMCTruck.com has it either. If you really wanted new, you could ask around your nearest body shop to see where they would get it. But your best bet for an affordable replacement panel would likely be the junkyard, ebay, or craigslist.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for the reply. Tried all of those except where a body shop might get one....again, Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck I searched for 6 months all over the internet hoping for new finally gave up and spent another 3 months scouring boneyards to find one in decent shape, in the end I found one that was by no means perfect but didn't have any holes and was able to salvage it ($75)

Old 09-01-2010, 08:05 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

they're right, a wrecker's is gonna be the only place to find one, if you can't find one online anywhere.

Cross Canada used to carry a TG for the 1st gen Dimes & Blazer/Jimmy's, but i think they discontinued it last year or the year before.

just keep your eyes & ears open, and be ready-with cash in hand-when one pops up.

question. what's so bad with yours, that you don't want to fix it?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Starting Member

After searching for so long....it is not in that bad of shape. I am replacing the right front fender...rusted pretty bad.Rust on the inside bottom edge on the tailgate. Figured I would get a new one since I am getting a paint job.... but I will just make due. Again, thanks for the input.
Keith

Old 09-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Take a browse through car-part.com and see what you can find. The prices will likely floor you!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:35 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

darn skippy Kyle! those prices are nuts!!

TG for a 1st gen ranged from $300 to $450.

hell, a BN 1st gen TG in '98 cost a little over $500 (CAN), and that was for a genuine GM part @ the dealer!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Administrator

And here I'm buyin' up genuine GM rust free tailgates for my K5 for under $60!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:27 PM
BF Guru

yeah, ihear ya on that Kyle. i can get a couple of powe TG for my 'Burb for one of those Blazer TG's.

that is just soooo wrong, on sooooooo many levels.

Quick Reply: Tailgate for a 1993 Chevy Blazer Silverado