Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What do you do when you get kicked out of your house?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 05:15 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough
Default What do you do when you get kicked out of your house?

long story short, for the last 3 years my mom and i have not gotten along. I live(d) at home with her, went away to college and moved home so she wasn't there alone. I have 2 older brother's who moved away, one to chicago and one to virginia. Today, she came home in a foul mood and just started going off on me about how i don't do anything to help and am an ungrateful sob. she then tells me to get out or she's calling the cops. so, i grabbed my coat and shoes and walked to my buddies house that i'm always welcome at.

i called home and she answered to only say i'm not welcome back. the blazer is in her name along with everything else i own because she has a credit card and i don't. so she'd buy it to get the frequent flier miles and i'd pay her the cash.

i called both my brothers and talked to them, chicago brother is appalled at my mom while virginia doesn't believe a word i say. My buddy's mom said i can stay here until its all figured out but i have no clothes, no cash, and all my belongings including my dog are back at mom's house. i'm SOL.

this is really just a "i need to get it off my chest" post but i am out of ideas as to what i should/can do. anyone know what i should do? i've tried to do whatever she asks or needs done for the last 3 years.... i can't do anything right in her eyes so there is no working there.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:45 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Go find a job , not being a smart as- I'm just saying . And if you already have a job start looking for your own place . My parents left me on my own since I was 16 and my sister was 13 , it was pretty crappy and still is and I'm 33 now . But I can say very proudly that I take care of my family ( wife and 2 daughters ages 7 and 12 ) . And everything that I have I earned I always work as hard as I can and theres nothing That I cant do some things just take longer . It sucks that you have to go through this so close to christmas maybe its just christmas stress on your mom .

Old 12-19-2010, 06:06 PM
BF Veteran

i have a job right now but its through the school district and with it being christmas break for the next 2 weeks i have nothing. i'm just going to stay here with my buddy and his family where i felt more at home with for a long time and do whatever i can for them to show my gratitude. my paycheck comes in friday (direct deposit) so i have $40 until then. guess i'll see what happens

Old 12-19-2010, 06:11 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

wait till she goes to work....and remove your property from her premises................

Old 12-19-2010, 06:21 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MTopper
...the blazer is in her name along with everything else i own because she has a credit card and i don't. so she'd buy it to get the frequent flier miles and i'd pay her the cash...
If the papers are in her name, then the truck belongs to her.

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
wait till she goes to work....and remove your property from her premises...
I'm assuming that MTopper is over 18, therefore an adult who was ordered out of her house. Taking anything out could be 'breaking & entering' and possible arrest.
MTopper, you need to let things cool off and then talk with your mom about reclaiming your things. Best of luck to you with your family situation.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:53 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

In tough situations or very important decisions I always sleep on it at least one night. It seems to clear the fog of "wtf just happened?!" or what you wanted to say/do immediately. You should notice seeing things clearer, thinking outside the box, more in a 3rd person point of you (you looking at whats going on as if it were someone else) that always helps.

just my oppinion & gl man!

Old 12-19-2010, 07:26 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Good luck dude. My wife has crazy things like this going on with members of her family constantly, damn crazy people. I'd say give her a couple of days to calm down and sleep on it, she'll come around I'm sure. Sometimes people just lose it due to stress or circumstances beyond their control, no way around that, just hold on tight and ride out the storm.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:44 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I know this sounds bad but talk to her about getting your stuff and getting your car transferred to your name and if she says no I would take her to court over it.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:45 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by rriddle3
If the papers are in her name, then the truck belongs to her.

I'm assuming that MTopper is over 18, therefore an adult who was ordered out of her house. Taking anything out could be 'breaking & entering' and possible arrest.
MTopper, you need to let things cool off and then talk with your mom about reclaiming your things. Best of luck to you with your family situation.

yeah, i'm 20 years old. i'm planning on going back tomorrow to get a bag of my clothes, my money from my room, my dog that is in my name, and my laptop. anything after that, i'm leaving. clothes were all bought by me and laptop was bought with a pre paid credit card and yeah.... i'm just at a loss at how a mother can do this to a child who completely changed his life to accommodate her after my father, her husband of 30 years passed away 3 years ago. its just one of those things that i hope no one else has to ever deal with. i'm just grateful that i have friends and families that care.

anyways, thanks for letting me vent guys. you're a great help

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
I know this sounds bad but talk to her about getting your stuff and getting your car transferred to your name and if she says no I would take her to court over it.

i know its a double post, i just didn't see this post the first time. i don't care about having the truck back. she can keep it if she really wants it. i'll figure it out. i have a couple of friends who either work at dealerships or have parents who own them who have offered me deals previously about buying vehicles and such. i'll just ask for the custom stuff out that is all in my name. main problem is the receipts that are in the glove box. i'm not worried about that though because my audio place has them all on record in the computer and on paper as i am a repeat customer over the last 4 years

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-20-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
yeah, i'm 20 years old. i'm planning on going back tomorrow to get a bag of my clothes, my money from my room, my dog that is in my name, and my laptop. anything after that, i'm leaving. clothes were all bought by me and laptop was bought with a pre paid credit card and yeah.... i'm just at a loss at how a mother can do this to a child who completely changed his life to accommodate her after my father, her husband of 30 years passed away 3 years ago. its just one of those things that i hope no one else has to ever deal with. i'm just grateful that i have friends and families that care.

anyways, thanks for letting me vent guys. you're a great help

i know its a double post, i just didn't see this post the first time. i don't care about having the truck back. she can keep it if she really wants it. i'll figure it out. i have a couple of friends who either work at dealerships or have parents who own them who have offered me deals previously about buying vehicles and such. i'll just ask for the custom stuff out that is all in my name. main problem is the receipts that are in the glove box. i'm not worried about that though because my audio place has them all on record in the computer and on paper as i am a repeat customer over the last 4 years
my mom pretty much did that to me twice now, once because i brought a dog home and another time because all she did is complain about how i never do anything around the house how i dont help with anything and how im lazy and i dont have a job and etc etc <15-16

well now i got my own house and im back at my moms till i get some propane to heat the place makin the best with my truck and a baby and a crazy girlfriend < wants to know where i am ALL the time and im trying to go to college

Quick Reply: What do you do when you get kicked out of your house?