Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

4x4 lowering kit found

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:12 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Ummm, I tried reading this post but it is info overload! I almost forgot what the thread is about! Pics when it's done, that is the ultimate decider!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Banned
Chriscursle81 is on a distinguished road

Hey peeps wutz good??? So i finally lowered my o4 blazer 3/4....The front looks real nice but wheneva i go over a bump or A little dip in the road my tires hit the wheel well.!!!!! I had it professionally done N they modied the front bumpstops. But even though the tires still hit especially if i have some1 in the passenger seat riding w/ me.. I bought belltech shox prolly betta than the cheaper ones i put in afta the drop!!! Any1 had this problem if so how or best way2 fix it or mk betta w/out raisin truck back up. I have 20s w/low pro tires. Any wisdon would be appreciated

Old 10-14-2009, 06:52 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

best way to fix it would be to lift it a little lol

Old 12-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned
coivabs09 is on a distinguished road
Default 4x4 lowering kit found

We just lowered my wifes TBSS using the McGaughy front springs and adjusting the rear suspension. It came down about an inch all around. It looks nice, but may not be enough for some here. It also firmed up the ride, but not uncomfortable, or harsh. Between the CAI, tune, and lowering it is just about the way the GM design engineers meant for it to beBruce

Old 12-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Rebels01blazer is on a distinguished road

yo chris roll the front fenders some it will help it not hit take a wood bat and wedge it between the wheel and lip of the fender and press down on the bat and slowly roll out the hole lip go slow so u dont crack the paint i had the same issue on mine but not any more or have it done at a shop but it wont be cheap their.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Beginning Member
saggese820 is on a distinguished road

good find

Old 09-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Starting Member
bored69 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 4x4 lowering

i lowered my 4x4 blazer 3" in the front and 4" in the rear to make it sit level i did this for around 50 bucks i got 3" lowering keys for the front that looked just like the stock keys when i put them side by side it was about half a inch different i got 4" lowering blocks for the rear i did all this in my drive way with some jack stands and some Musial the rear was hitting the bump stops so i cute about a inch out of them so they wouldn't hit i didn't have to do shocks because with the blocks it does not move the shock Mont at all its like it is stock and i have stock shocks in the front i checked everything over and the shocks don't bottom out i want to go lower i'm not sure if i can do it tho because of the 4weel drive i think if i go lower in the front i will have the front drive Axel binding so i need to know if someone makes a drop spindle for 4x4 blazers if so please let me know so i can take out the front drive Axel and go lower

Old 10-23-2010, 01:14 PM
getmoney1576 is on a distinguished road

agent 305 your blazer is 4wd and u lowered it with the torsion keys and it was rubbing fenders? i now own my second 4wd blazer and i lowered both of them and never came close to rubbing fender...

also did u use any drop shocks front or rear? i found sum online at one point but didnt have the money and now that i have the money i cant find any..they were nitro drop shocks from belltech...

thanks for any help,feedback

Old 05-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Shawn Squeeks Whitfield is on a distinguished road

has anyone used superlift 2" liftkit upper control arms to do a lowering kit. it looks fairly simple. just flip upside down, switch sides. it might also hellp with alignment issues and suspension wear.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Beginning Member
jettamanny is on a distinguished road
Default Better Lowering Kit for your money

I found a lowering kit on stylintrucks.com for 421 plus shipping and handling and thats the kit im going with bc it comes with everything you need to bolt on and its by belltech so i can't complain but i would have shopped around before spending 500 plus shipping and handling but that my own opion

Quick Reply: 4x4 lowering kit found