New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

The cheese is old and moldy, where is your bathroom?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 04:14 AM
OAKLEY is on a distinguished road
Default The cheese is old and moldy, where is your bathroom?

How yall doin? I'm Jason, and I mash around in a 98 blazer ls 4x4... nothing major done to the ol girl yet (I've had it about 4 months, and im poor. Lol) plan to put a 6" RC lift under it, 2" body.. wanna sit her on 33x12x16s.. would also love to drop a 5.3 in her. Anyone who has their 2nd gen 4 door sitting on 6 inches of suspension lift and 2 inches of body, also on 33's.. post some pics! I'm curious how the 33x12s will look...

Old 09-30-2016, 07:34 AM
Starting Member
Ray2016 is on a distinguished road

Looking for advice and information about my 2000 chevy blazer. Recently began replacing parts on my front end because I had a lot of play in my steering, also a lot if squeeking and popping. Idler arm replaced by one shop, then pitman arm, upper ball joint on passenger side and upper arm bushings on the passenger side by another mechanic. After the pitman arm and bushings was replaced the steering seemed to be a lot better. Other then when I was pulling into places turning wheel all the way to the left I could hear very loud popping. Made it back home but then this morning as I left for work, I turned my wheel hard to the left to pull out of driveway and a loud thud came from front drivers side. And it felt like my entire right side had caved in. Got out and looked and something broke underneath and my trucks weight is now resting on my front driver wheel �� I have no idea the names of my parts to tell you what it is that actually broke. But my brother in law walked down and said that my A frame had broke? Question is if the second mechanic did something wrong as he was fixing it could it have caused this? He had a difficult time doing my repair, after it was already taken apart he said he didn't have the puller tool that was needed! my truck was in his shop for 12 hours just to have pitman arm and upper arm bushings put in.