New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just Bought My First Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 04:10 PM
EponymousX is on a distinguished road
Default Just Bought My First Blazer

Greetings All!

I arrived at this site as a result of buying a 2000 Chevy Blazer LS. Rather than post some long, convoluted list of arbitrary details about me in the hopes that someone might validate me, how's about we get down to the details of my new ride? :-)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS
4.3 Liter V6
4x4, 4door

The Good:
It runs and drives, I bought it with a new head unit, new trans, and new tires. The top of the motor is great, no knocks or taps, etc. The interior is pretty damn nice with the exception of the cargo bay carpet. The headliner is in good shape. The dash works for most part and the body doesn't lean. The body has almost no rust and the rocker panels are super solid.

The Bad:
I'm almost positive it has a small oil leak and a tiny pumpkin leak. I think it may need an oil pressure sender unit, as well as a new oil pump. The fuel level sender unit needs to be replaced, which means the fuel pump may be soon to follow. The brakes make the whole thing shake once out of every 3 or 4 times and every single bushing squeaks. I'm also fairly confident that when the previous owner replaced the trans, he broke the 4w auto and 4lo.

In my opinion, these issues don't make it a bad vehicle though. 4hi still works and it's still driving 400+ miles later. I just think the previous owner had good intentions with bad side effects. I plan on getting all of these issues fixed whether it be me or my mechanic if the situation calls for it. Truth be told, I've already fallen in love with the thing. -lol-

I want to let you guys know that I'm not one of those people who posts once or twice looking to resolve an issue and then disappears after they get the info they needed. I look forward to participating in the forum, reading about others' builds and helping out where I can. Heck, you might even see me at a meet or two.

Have a good one!

Old 11-09-2016, 06:39 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.