New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Rick G. is on a distinguished road
Default new member

Hello I owm a 97 blazer I recently changed the battery, replaced the alternator an it ran great for about two weeks now im getting the clicking sounds an it wont start if it sits for a day. Do. I need to replace the starter? Any help would be great. Thanks

Old 03-02-2013, 08:54 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum. If it's clicking when you try to start it, most likely your battery has gone dead. You probably have a power drain somewhere, a light got left on, or parked with the stereo on for too long. You'll have to charge up your battery good and find out what killed it.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:27 AM

Thanks El Beautor but what could be draining the battery after two weeks of it running great I thought it was the alternator an put a new one in.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Most likely it was something as simple as the door didn't get closed all the way and the interior light stayed on. Or your glove box was open, or something like that. Check all over your truck and make sure that all the lights are off. Once you've eliminated those, and if your battery goes dead again then there is something else draining the battery and you have to dig deeper.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:54 PM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Michigan...

Old 03-02-2013, 08:09 PM

Thanks 95BlazenLT. @El Beautor I think I found what was on. One of the little round lights for the back seat was in the on position an because it was not working I wasnt aware it was on till I was driving it today an it began to flicker, so it was on the whole time without me knowing. Hopefully that was it thanks again.
Now my next question is how to un clog the heater core cuz im hearing that water sound behind the dash board.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:11 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:49 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Welcome from another Michigan member good luck with your problem sorry I cant help.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:22 AM

Thanks Thogert an thanks 1sttimejimmyowner.
Well it happend again yesterday went out to go shopping an dead battery. The search continues for whats draining the battery. If it sits longer then ten hours its dead. An its a new battery so I dont know whats going on.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Beginning Member
tech0821 is on a distinguished road

Clicking with a good alternator and battery would be the relay. Check it out before dumping anymore cash.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new member