New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member and request for help

Old 01-30-2016, 05:35 PM
Starting Member
timwarely is on a distinguished road
Default New member and request for help

Hello all,

First off, let me come clean: I do not own a Chevy Blazer nor have I ever. I actually know very little about automobiles (hence the request for help). I have joined the Blazer Forums to help an older gentleman who is having issues with his 1996 Chevy Blazer S-10. He has no knowledge of the internet, but is a decent do-it-yourself kinda guy.

His blazer failed emissions testing. He needs all new spark plugs and spark plug wires (are those also called ignition wires?). He also needs a couple of oxygen sensors (he says their location is before and after the catalytic converter). He doesn't need all four. Question-- are all the oxygen sensors in the vehicle the same? Or does he have to purchase a specific sensor for each location?

Any recommendations on where I can purchase the plugs, plug wires, and two oxygen sensors? He is looking for the cheapest price possible (I know, I know, you get what you pay for). As someone who knows very little about automobiles, I figured it would be worth joining the forum first before helping him buy parts.

Thanks for any and all help!
-Tim