New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new and need some help with oil change

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 06:09 PM
jjyynnxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new and need some help with oil change

ok i know how to do an oil change....BUT for some reason i can't find the oil filter...my excuse for not finding it right now, is because when i did try to do the oil change it was at night time, so i really couldn't see, but i tried using a flash light, and i couldn't see anything that could resemble an oil filter...anywho if someone could please help on where i could find the oil filter please let me know without busting my *****...thank you in advance

Old 11-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: new and need some help with oil change

It would help to know what vehicle you have (year, drivetrain, etc)...

But that said, if you can't find your oil filter in the normal places, then I'd say you have a 4wd truck and it's located under the radiator behind the splash shield. There should be a little trap door that you open to access it.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:03 PM
00blackblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

depends on the year and since you cant find it swartlkk gave you one of the locations. another one is if its a 2.8 it could be mounted on the side of the engine block (drivers side) have to get it from the wheel well. another location is located near the air filter on the drivers side fender. these are all the locations for a 4wd good luck

Old 11-09-2006, 09:42 PM
amberleee is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, and don't be stupid like my boyfriend and try taking it by puncturing it with a screwdriver. very messy.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing stupid about that. Sometimes there is no other way without different tools.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:08 PM
nibs is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah it's messy, but it works if nothing else is available.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

If it's teh same as mine, look under the air filter housing on the driver's side near the headlight. I have to take mine off just to get at the filter.

But ya, if we knew what year it was, we'd be able to help you better.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:37 AM
flyshychick is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome!

Did you find the filter now?

Old 11-10-2006, 12:45 PM
jjyynnxx is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all your help...unfortunately i only have internet access when i go to work..and i forgot to check this when i was leaving...so when i got home i tried once more but no luck..haha...i believe its a 1998...yea it has 4wd...still stock, nothing special yet..but anywho thanks for all the help...i will go check it out on my lunch break and see where the hell this oil filter is at...i'll let you know how it goes...and i got one of those tools to take off the oil filter is its stuck in there...

Old 11-10-2006, 01:19 PM
00blackblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

on a 98 4wd its mounted towards the front of the vehicle. climb under the front there should be a access door you will need a flat head screwdriver to open it. once opened you will see the oil filter.

Quick Reply: new and need some help with oil change