Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbocharging?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Starting Member
CenTexBiker is on a distinguished road

wwwooowww
over 400

Old 03-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Prozon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rottidog
If it's 6psi at this end of the pipe it'll be 6psi at the other end, just may take a split second for it to catch up.
There's that lag I was talking about. Regardless I wouldn't mind it lagging a little bit. Makes for a better daily driver in my opinion lol.

A 4.3 is said to have a bottom end that is good for up to 350hp. As was mentioned by a couple people in here you will have to upgrade to a high flow spyder assy like the one from Al at Wynjammer or a marine intake. Personally I like the intake route for real injectors, more ports for temp. sensors etc, fuel rails, medium rise & a bit better air flow.
350 huh? I was expecting more, but that's still a good number. My Integra is putting down about 260whp and it's pretty zippy as is. I think the intake would be the best route to go.

Freeing up the exhaust will be a bonus by allowing the engine to exhale better as well as a cam for obvious reasons. You will not see any mpg gains, lol trust me.
I really hadn't planned to do much to the exhaust. I currently have a hollowed out catalytic converter and a stock exhaust system, I was thinking of either replacing the cat with a high flow, or just welding in a straight pipe. The stock muffler is probably going to be replaced as well. I don't want it too loud, but I do want it a little beefer sounding then stock lol. I didn't expect to get better MPG with a turbo. Honestly I kind of expected it to go down a little. I suppose the marine intake could help things flow a bit better though.

As for the PCM you can go to pcmforless.com, waitforme.com & others to get the pcm tuned for your application. I took mine to a local dyno shop & had them tune it on the fly on the dyno. (see my signature)
I'll look in to the websites you listed there. I'm not sure if I can track down any shops that will tune it. I've looked in the past and had no luck locally.

Don't let it scare you lol, a lot of that was "just my luck" as to how things went but I love it in the end... or when I get to the end of it I should say.
Oh I know how that goes. You learn and get some experience along the way. It's all worth it in the end i'm sure, haha.

Thanks again for all the replies! I have a lot of reading material I can look in to now. I really appreciate it. Any more comments/links are also appreciated.

Last edited by Prozon; 03-11-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:57 PM
talon2g is on a distinguished road

There is a lot to say about putting a turbo on a blazer.. for the money you'd be spending (since I doubt the stock internals could handle anything above waste-gate pressure, or 10psi give or take) I would think it would be easier to just supercharge them, as you wouldn't have to screw around with mounting it in the rear (which im not sure i totally trust..) and the supercharger being belt driven would put it comfortably in the engine bay, where it belongs. Turbo's are nice for big power, but to get said big power, takes big bucks. Just my .02.