Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 07:43 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Have some issues with the injectors on the intake that should be taken care of soon but the sc went in today by itself with the MSD Blaster coil & it got dyno tuned. The stock injectors leaned out (because of the 6 psi of added boost from the sc) around 4600 rpm or so & it hurt the HP & torque gains. That being said the RWHP got to 180.1 @ 4619 rpm & torque at the rear wheels was 224.3 ft/lb@ 3475 - 3566 rpm. Not too shabby but I was hoping for more & when we get the intake figured out it'll really help the numbers.

As a comparison the hp at the crank was 227.8 @ 4619 rpm & torque was 282.5 @ 3475 - lots of loss through the powertrain.

Driving it is a LOT different, the supercharger whine is going to take some getting used to but I'm thinking I'll grow to appreciate it. Power wise it takes a lot less peddle to get up to speed & using the same driving style as before (how much you normally get into the gas to get up to speed) = leaving people at the lights. Stepping on it 1/2 - 3/4 (not floored) around 2500 rpm is a hoot!! It GOES!!! Then the supercharger spins up more & it really growls & goes. Sounds a lot more like just pure power with that whine & the exhaust has a different tone now too.

I was sitting in the lobby of the shop while my service rep was on the phone & I heard a vehicle on the dyno... I thought wholy crap that sounds mean!!! Turns out it was my blazer lol. Talk about anxious to get back there & see it.

When I convert the video of it I'll post it on youtube & post the link if anyone wants to see & hear it. It's howling a lot but it isn't that loud on the road with the hood closed.

Last edited by Rottidog; 11-03-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

I want to see the vids!!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

vids pronto! lol.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:25 PM
BF Veteran

Here's the vid I got of it... FF to around 50 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl0YwGxOJms

The sound is annoying in the video but like I said earlier, it's not as bad on the road with the hood down. Too bad we can't hear the exhaust OMFG!! I'm going to check & make sure everything is OK with the previous owner of it. He said Wynjammer had a bad batch of bearings come in & they didn't find out until the customers called/wrote in & they promptly rebuilt the superchargers.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:46 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I've heard great things about Wynjammer.
I also heard the guy behind them (Al) is super helpful, and really stands behind his product. But he'll talk your ear off!

Sounds great, man. I like the way the Wynjammer sounds, even if it sounds like a bad power steering pump.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran

lol CBR it does sound odd & I think I'll actually look forward to it/enjoy that sound - like a turbo diesel truck sound without the diesel. But I still want to be sure everything is in order. That sound is new to me & just doesn't sound right, imo.

Like you said, a bad pump... or bearing, but holy hell does it move now lol.

The guy I got the Wynjammer from has been there, met Al & they are still in touch with emails & calls, both hard core performance freaks. He's the one from Winnipeg that left a shining review on Al's website. So I'll be bringing the blazer to him & seeing what he says about the sound - is it right or wrong.

As for talking my ear off... hell, I'd love to shoot the chit with someone like that for awhile!
Imagine the info from a person thats 'been there, done that, tried tested & true?'

Old 11-03-2010, 10:15 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Oh, yeah. He'd be a hoot to talk too.

Hey, you done any speed tests yet?

Old 11-03-2010, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran

speed tests AKA Radar Traps? NO... hopefully not lol but the seat of the pants dyno tells me I have to change the way I drive (foot into the gas sorta thing) lol

I've noticed a few people in Chevy & Dodge p/u's roll down their windows wondering wtf that sound is with a blazer sitting beside them & a car or 2.
When the intake issues get figured out Rotti, will be a happy camper err boat hauler, pull you out of the snowbank, ditch kinda guy.

Then comes the front ARB or other E-locker for the front diff. & possibly 4:11 gears, in both of course.

Still tossing around the idea of a 6" superlift. I need or want, no I need a few more inches so the front tires don't hit the fenders or frame OR Diversified Creations 6" solid axle swap. omfg the money lol

Last edited by Rottidog; 11-03-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:53 PM
BF Veteran

P.S. I can't wait to go to work in the morning! All the people that shouldn't be on the road, drive before they've had 3 hrs of AWAKE time or even have a licence for that matter (we all see them) lol. Too easy to cause BS, I'll have to mind my manners.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran
Default update

Talked to the previous owner of the Wynjammer today, he said & I quote " that's the sound that puts a smile on your face, sounds perfect." lol whew ok cool

Trying to find the pigtails for the Bosch injectors is turning out to be akin to a 'female dog in heat' google that & you'll see.

When I get those I'm taking it to a friend of mine for the intake install & both boots came off the CV joints (outers) & I need an upper ball joint replaced. Then the engine will get the fuel needed & not lean out at 4600 rpm.

Still not easy to keep out of the peddle, it goes & builds & BUILDS & GOES more almost effortlessly... so cool. I can't wait to get the intake done so it can eat better - breathing is force fed now.

Last edited by Rottidog; 11-04-2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: update

Quick Reply: What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?