Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

ALL-WHEEL DRIVE BLAZER

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Jnike120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ALL-WHEEL DRIVE BLAZER

I have a 97 All-Wheel Drive Blazer and I was wonderong if anyone has heard anything at all about this as it being a factory option or it coming stock on the Blazer just let me know if you can give me some imf0rmation thanks

here is a picture of a sticker under the hood: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/474861/5

Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM
VRDriver4l is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ALL-WHEEL DRIVE BLAZER

Well they had all wheel drive on the bravadas, so i am sure if a costumer realy wanted he could order a blazer or a jimmy with the all wheel drive instead of the 4 wheel drive system im not positive or nething just taking a guess.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please check your RPO listing in the glove box. I have only ever heard of one other member with the AWD option on a Blazer (actually it was a Jimmy IIRC) and he never did confirm it... But if it is AWD, you will not have the buttons on the dash, but in it's place, you should have a filler panel that reads 'SmartTrak' or something similar.

The RPO codes for the drivetrain configuration are:
NP1 Transfer Case: Electrical Shift, Two Speed
NP4 Transfer Case: Active 4WD, All Wheel Drive (AWD)
NP8 Transfer Case: Active, Two-Speed, Push button Control (with auto 4wd)

My Bravada has NP4 in the RPO listing, and I do not remember ever seeing a sticker like that under the hood...

*EDIT* - Just never noticed that sticker... Mines a bit different, but basically the same. Says "Automatic Transfer Case - Do not test on a 2 wheel drive dyno", then says it in another language...

Old 06-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Jnike120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys anyone one know any history or anything about this AWD? im just wondering if it was an option or what?

Old 06-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I guess it was an option on the Blazers/Jimmys... Probably special order only. You would have to get an original sales brochure to be sure.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:29 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

You can approach a dealership w/ your vin # and they'll tell you where it was made, originaly sold at, and any TSB's and recalls.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:24 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Plus the dealer print out will least every option on your truck.
As far as I know, AWD was not an option, it was either 2wdr or 4wdr on the Blazers. Jimmy's might be a different story, and the Bravadas I think were AWD.

Unless your truck is a '92-'93 and a Typhone or Cyclone. Then it would be AWD, and have a premium engine with supercharger/turbocharger on the 4.3L.