Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Fatmat on the T15 Jimmy

Old 10-11-2011, 09:10 PM
uhlhazard is on a distinguished road
Default Fatmat on the T15 Jimmy

Pictures ought to be self explanatory. I'm not even remotely finished but hope to be close by tomorrow evening. (got the wife helping now)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1017048...eat=directlink

I did the tailgate and now it shuts solid instead of bouncing on the first latch.

We will then move to the front of the vehicle and do the crap out of the firewall then relocate my wiring to beneath the carpet (as much as possible).

I will then use some silicone on the fatmat gaps to keep any moisture from invading my beautiful sheetmetal.

I'll be updating the pictures on picasa. If there are any mods that can either edit my post of tell me how to link to the picasa slideshow I would be grateful.

Let me know if any of you have any questions.

Last edited by uhlhazard; 10-12-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: lack of intelligence
Old 10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by uhlhazard
Pictures ought to be self explanatory. I'm not even remotely finished but hope to be close by tomorrow evening. (got the wife helping now)

I did the tailgate and now it shuts solid instead of bouncing on the first latch.

We will then move to the front of the vehicle and do the crap out of the firewall then relocate my wiring to beneath the carpet (as much as possible).

I will then use some silicone on the fatmat gaps to keep any moisture from invading my beautiful sheetmetal.

I'll be updating the pictures on picasa. If there are any mods that can either edit my post of tell me how to link to the picasa slideshow I would be grateful.

Let me know if any of you have any questions.
edit: link fixed

Last edited by 69chevelle; 10-12-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, that link dosn't work.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:18 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

He probably needs to change his security settings to allow people with the direct link to view it.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:02 PM

Okay does this one work?

If so I think what happened is I made the post THEN gave the credentials of link which changes the address.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:18 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

this is offroading???? lol

Old 10-12-2011, 04:24 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

The truck is clearly in the grass...

Old 10-12-2011, 09:12 PM

I figure everyone else uses fatmat type products for their audio. I am installing it for it's insulation properties (sound deadening is a bonus, so is improved audio quality) so that when we are camping in the Jimmy, our feet don't freeze off.

My hope is that the rubber will help keep the cold beneath the vehicle from cooling the cabin down as easily.

I'm also thinking if it is insulating heat out from entering via the bottom, my ac will work a little better and might also help keep exhaust heat from making my feet hot (mostly as a rider though).

It is immediately clear that it does dampen noise to a great degree. At least that is what my butt-dyno is reading out.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:48 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Wow, you have a butt-dyno too? Anyways, it looks good. I need to get off my dyno and do this on mine. Prob. never will though.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 PM

updated the front half of work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fatmat on the T15 Jimmy