Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

AUTO shop project

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 10:08 PM
grizzman42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AUTO shop project

yo guys, i just joined here and i need some help. im a junior in high school and take advanced auto shop. our teacher gave us a sick project to do.... we got to pick out any car we want... and write a report on the history of the car, what u would do to the car if u owned it, and what type of tools you would need to do that. obviously i picked a chevy blazer.... but i need ur help guys/girls. i want to turn it into the ultumite mudding machine... so i need to find out all the best parts i should put into it. now im not asking u guys to do the whole report for me or anything, lol, just if u have any good suggestions please share

btw im doing a 73 chevy blazer to be exact

Old 10-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Default RE: AUTO shop project

o yea and i forgot to mention... this project is due by friday, haha. i had a while to do it but kinda pushed it off till now.

i was thinkin of this:
white '73 chevy blazer
new lift kit/suspension
mudding tires
snorkel kit
a very very good roll cage
big *** chevy sticker on the back lol

should i do anything to the engine or no? im debating on whether or not i should just keep that all stock.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:10 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

write about an old k5 blazer....all the mods you said sound nice. If you need specifics you should try a 6" ProComp lift, Super Swamper 35" tires, scrape plates,new rear end, sweet sound system...possibly a couple 12's, o yea.....and a beefed up small block 350

Old 10-05-2006, 01:38 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

DEI Cryogenic Intake, K&N Air Filter K&N, X-stream Air Cleaner Lid, Crane Cam & Lifter Kit, Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, Mr. Gasket Exhaust Cut Out Valve, AIRAID Throttle Body Spacer, Euro Taillights by APC, Billet Grill, H4 Halo Ring by APC, H4 Headlight Conversion by APC, Bushwacker Fender Flares, Bully Side Steps, Pro Comp Lift Kit - 6", and......... the possibilities are only limited to your imagination.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:58 AM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

12 bolt rear dana 60 front, 35" tires, bumper/brush guards. Motor work: stroke it for sure flat top high compression pistons head work, a large cam, straight headers out the inner fender wells.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:37 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

as far as the history lesson part of the report....did you know that blazers were the predasesors of the hummer in the military?...the K5 had a military prototype the was used exclusively in the army...until the hummer.....I thought it was pretty neat bit of information....

Old 10-05-2006, 10:16 PM

wow guys.... THANX! this stuff gave me sum great ideas... and my auto teacher will love that history fact.

do u need any types of unusual tools for most of these mods that u would not find in ur good ol' tool cabinet/box?

Old 10-05-2006, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

most of the stuff can be used with a simple rachet and socket out of ur toolbox

Old 10-05-2006, 11:22 PM

thats wat i thought.... and exactly what i would like to hear, lol. thnx

Old 10-09-2006, 02:26 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

You want history?
Here you go, everything you wanted to know about the K5 Blazers. Search around they even have old sales literature.

Click me

They also have tech articles on all the common upgrades to a K5 Blazer.
Enjoy, and I hope you build one someday.

Quick Reply: AUTO shop project