Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > General > Off Roading
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2006, 01:19 AM

88Blazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats the biggest tire to put on our stock rims??

I got a 88 2.8 Blazer with only 58,000 original miles. Its been garaged its whole life and is super clean. Anyway I live up in Montana and need to get it ready for the snow. I wondered what would be the best size tires to upgrade to?? Not sure what size?? pros and cons??

Thanks

Jeff
Old 10-17-2006, 02:43 AM

Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Whats the biggest tire to put on our stock rims??

This should help.
90 Jimmy 4x4, 2 door, 4.3/auto, current DD
Old 10-17-2006, 02:46 AM

Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest size on stock 4x4 rims in a 4x4 is 30".

To answer your subject question. Any tire diameter size you want, as long as you keep the wideth to 11.5" or less. Getting them to fit the wheel wells is a different subject.

Being a '88, no doubt it came stock with 215/225. 235 is a good tire size to run. The next larger size is the 30". The key thing is the tread of the tire. I prefer to run the BFG All-Terrains. They have excelent handling in the snow, and rain, plus they do decent in the mud, and they do excellent in the sand. No tire does any good on ice, unless you can run spiked snow tires, or chains.

Going to larger tires does have its draw backs, speedo will be off, so will the odometer.
The truck will feel like it lost power.

'87 S10-Blazer - SOLD
'93 S10-Blazer 4x4x4 - Sold
'00 S10-Blazer 4x4x4 - 212,000 miles-Sold
'04 Trailblazer 4x4x4- 56,000 miles new DD.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:33 AM

DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DetroitMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to DetroitMuscle

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 88Blazin

I got a 88 2.8 Blazer with only 58,000 original miles. Its been garaged its whole life and is super clean. Anyway I live up in Montana and need to get it ready for the snow. I wondered what would be the best size tires to upgrade to?? Not sure what size?? pros and cons??

Thanks

Jeff

30x9.5x15 is the biggest and widest that will fit stock height/stock rim 4x4 S-10's. try tirerack.com can get A/T's for under 100 bucks on several different brands. Im just assuming that A/T's will be what you want for a montana winter.

http://www.blazerforum.com/albumphoto.asp?albumid=150&asortType=1&apage=1
Old 10-17-2006, 08:33 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
1995, 95, biggest, blazer, chevy, fit, fits, mudd, put, rims, s10, size, stock, tire, tires