Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

01 s10 blazer conversion to envoy

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 01:49 PM
looks.like.money is on a distinguished road
Default 01 s10 blazer conversion to envoy

ok hopefully this is the right place to post this question....if not i will gladly delete it

here we go...i have an 01 blazer and want convert the front end with the envoy bumper......what year bumpers will fit my ride, what all will i need, do i just need the envoy cover or the whole thing, do i need the core support and lights, does it just bolt right on .....i basically need step by step specific instructions....i found one post last night with a detailed list but all the pictures were gone and the majority of the post were telling you to look at the pics....so please be as specific as possible thanks

Old 07-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Any of the envoy bumpers will bolt onto your truck. You will need the bumper and its cover. You will also want to switch the grill and headlights otherwise it will look like crap with big gaps as the jimmy/envoy stuff is not straight like the blazer. Since you will want to switch the grill and headlights to look right you will also need to switch out he core support so that the GMC stuff will bolt on.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:05 PM

rex thanks for your reply..keeping in mind i have a chevy blazer i want to make sure i got the list correct.......so i need the envoy bumper, envoy bumper cover, envoy core support, envoy lights and grill? correct?

also ive read that some sort of stabilizer for the bumper is needed...is that correct? if so whats the proper name for it

so after i get all the stuff from the list i need to take the blazer grill, lights, and bumper off....and all the envoy stuff will just bolt into place?
i dont need to purchase any other brackets or anything?

thanks again for ur help

Last edited by looks.like.money; 07-17-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:36 AM

still hoping for a reply here...info from experienced people is greatly appreciated

Old 07-26-2014, 02:33 PM

can anyone tell me if that list is right? anyone?...not exactly sure if i need the envoy lights and grill and bumper reinforcement bar and envoy core support or all that stuff off of a gmc sanoma or whatever

Old 07-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yes you need it.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:21 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

You don't need the core support, it's the same for all trucks after 98.

So:

- Grill (any GMC grill, doesn't need to be Envoy)
- Headlights (Envoy lights are HID's, could go with normal GMC lights here too to make it a little simpler, and probably less expensive swap)
- Envoy Bumper cover
- Any GMC bumper
- Bumper braces, one on each side