Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

2000 blazer heater core removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Starting Member
jimhens82 is on a distinguished road

i would take the evap core out of it and try to clean it out as much as possible, i did it to mine, and theres a bolt down under the blower resistor, pull the resistor and look thru the hole with a light u will see the nut or bolt

Old 11-30-2011, 05:24 AM
Beginning Member
Curt8153 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Dexcool wouldn't be at fault for a LIM gasket failure. Happens just as often on the green juice (which now has more in common with Dexcool than it ever used to). Educate yourself on the subject (read that entire thread).
Sorry I tend to beleave what many mechs. have told me over the 10 years I've own my blazer. Dexcool has caused my heater core and radiator to clog up and many other peoples cars I know as well. GM coming out with Dexcool was one of the worst mastakes they made besides moving over seas. I hope my Blazer last me forever cause it's the last GM i'll ever own.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Curt8153
Sorry I tend to beleave what many mechs. have told me over the 10 years I've own my blazer. Dexcool has caused my heater core and radiator to clog up and many other peoples cars I know as well. GM coming out with Dexcool was one of the worst mastakes they made besides moving over seas. I hope my Blazer last me forever cause it's the last GM i'll ever own.
Ok, so instead of educating your self on the subject you choose to be a FUD spreading lemming. Good for you! Anyone else that wants to actually be informed on the subject can read the thread I linked to and respond there for further discssion on the subject. I am just stating the facts of the matter here. This thread is a bout a heater core problem.

Oh and before you get more bent out of shape over my post, do yourself a favor and read the post I linkedam to then respond there if you still believe your mechanic. By the way, FUD == fear, uncertainty, & doubt.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Beginning Member
cody84 is on a distinguished road

So a while later and now with snow I've realized my 4x4 won't kick in now...
All the lights work, but it won't engage when I press the button. So, does anyone know exactly where all the connections are for this and where I should look? I really really really, don't want to have to take the whole dash off again, specially now that it's cold out.

PS a reminder: I have a 2000

Old 12-28-2012, 04:56 PM
DTOL2 is on a distinguished road
Default Dash removal ?

So I have most of the dash out but it's hung up on the e-brake cable so I can't get a clean access to the black housing.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:34 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DTOL2
So I have most of the dash out but it's hung up on the e-brake cable so I can't get a clean access to the black housing.
pretty old thread, but are you talking about the ebrake release? if so, reach up under the dash, and you can push back, and the cable will come out of there, kinda like how a brake cable is held onto a bike brake lever.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Motoreese is on a distinguished road

I have a 96 chevy blazer 4.0L and has very little heat. I ran a coolant systen clearer and a flush. Flushed system 3 times, and changed thermostat....I have now NO heat, i repeat "NO" heat at all...any ideas? I plan to try to flush out the heater core out first. Any ideas with out an air compressor?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Beginning Member
farley463 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Motoreese
I have a 96 chevy blazer 4.0L and has very little heat. I ran a coolant systen clearer and a flush. Flushed system 3 times, and changed thermostat....I have now NO heat, i repeat "NO" heat at all...any ideas? I plan to try to flush out the heater core out first. Any ideas with out an air compressor?
Did you burp the system by running the vehicle without the radiator cap until there were no air bubbles? You cant get heat if you have air trapped in there. Also be sure you have enough coolant thats a start lol.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Starting Member
USMC3782 is on a distinguished road
Default old thread good info.

two hours in to this project can't get dash out. not sure why. it is a little loose but it is not coming all the way out. not sure if i am missing something, i have looked around with my inspection camera but cannot find anything yet.thankfully I am doing it in a heated garage since its snowing out. this truck has a date with some donuts and I do not intend to miss it.

btw mine is a 98 zr2

Old 04-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Starting Member
Robt77 is on a distinguished road

I was at a big name mechanic and got a quote for the heater core and they told me it was an 8 hour job, which is 16 hours if I do it. Is this an accurate estimate or are they trying to scare me off of the job. btw its a 01 Jimmy

Last edited by Robt77; 04-05-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: missing info.

Quick Reply: 2000 blazer heater core removal