Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

2000 Bravada Door Hinges????

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Beginning Member
oshkosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2000 Bravada Door Hinges????

Hi,
Just added a 2000 Bravada with 73k milesto the driveway and the drivers door sags....It doesnt look like they offer a hinge pin repair for this year can anyone shed any light on this? Do I have to replace the hinges? PITA if I do.lol

Thanks in advance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4242/AF58C9CAB23B4D9F8C43A462777F0D02.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Beginning Member
josh05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2000 Bravada Door Hinges????

the company dorman or help in ur local auto parts store should have the hinge pin kits the part # is 38419 and they fit all s-series trucks and blazers including the bravada

Old 09-01-2008, 07:49 PM
toaks is an unknown quantity at this point

This website shows a nice step by step on how to replace the hinge pins on the later model blazer/jimmy/bravadas

http://www.bodyshopzone.com/archives/mechanical/door/hinge/pin_replace_1.html

Old 09-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing I would change with that How-To is how they are installing the bushings. It is quite easy to make your own little press out of a 2" long bolt, appropriately sized socket, some washers, and a nut. Simply tighten the bolt, pressing in the bushing. This ensures that everything stays square and does not damage the bushings.

Run a search for "hinge" or "hinge pins" and you should find plenty of material here. One of the best things I can say is get a hinge spring compressor. They are definitely worth their weight in gold when it comes time to reinstalling the door spring.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:03 PM
toaks is an unknown quantity at this point

great idea on the screw press, i am about to do this job on my jimmy when i get some free time. That sounds like it would make the install alot easier.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just choose a socket that the bushing fits down into with a small amount of play. The bushings extend through the ears of the hinge itself so you need a socket that can provide enough room for this to happen.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Beginning Member
oshkosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys...
I was a little confused as I found pin kits for my 95 almost everywhere but the 2000 seemed to only list the hinges....But they looked simular??? Sounds like they are the same or atleast the same design...Beats the heck out of replacing the hinges.

Thanks again...

Old 08-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Beginning Member
blazerboy3513 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2000 Blazer and my drivers door sagged low. So I replaced the hinge pins and bushions. My door still sagged a little bit after that. It irritated me with the dragging noise it made when you opened it. Im taking courses in the auto body repair area and my professor showed me a little trick on how to fix this problem. Take a fairly large handled hammer or two by four and put the handle (or end of the 2x4) in to the bottom hinge (don't do anything to the top one). Not between the pins or anything like that. Basically when you close the door, the flanges that are welded to the door and cowl panel need to hold the handle/board up. When you have it wedged in there, hold pressure on the door and gradually push the door in. You may have to push pretty hard. Do this in very small increments or else you could mess the hinge up. After a few trys it should have your door picked up. I know that this sounds kind of crazy, and I was freaking when I saw him doing it to my truck, but it works. Just make sure that you replace your hinge pins and bushions first. Also be careful not to spring that door to much or else it will screw up your door to fender gap. This is used only if your hinge is bent a little bit, not if the holes that the pins go in are worn out. If you decide to do it, let me know how it turned out. Like I said it worked on my truck without a problem. My door closes like one on a refridgerator now. LOL.