Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

98+ Front End Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:13 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

if you know how to use your tools (you must, you own a Blazer), then it's no more difficult than unbolting everything, installing the new parts, change the wiring as needed, and you're good to go.
regarding mahoney1988's comment as to the second one looking better, the only differences between the two kits is, one has clear signal lenses with rear installed Billet grille, the other has amber lenses w/flush mounted grille. personally, i like the one @ FBI more.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:14 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Depends on how bad you want it. There really isn't much to it. Just expensive to buy a kit. I think you'd be better off piecing it together.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
Depends on how bad you want it. There really isn't much to it. Just expensive to buy a kit. I think you'd be better off piecing it together.
price it all out seperately, if you think it's gonna be cheaper.

if you're talking about going to the wreakers, and buying parts off trucks there.......well, that's like comparing apples to oranges.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
price it all out seperately, if you think it's gonna be cheaper.

if you're talking about going to the wreakers, and buying parts off trucks there.......well, that's like comparing apples to oranges.

I was just speaking from personally experience in replacing the front end on my s10 truck when I had it. If you don't have a problem searching and waiting for deals you'll be okay, but if you like a quick and easy fix the kit is for you.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:44 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
I was just speaking from personally experience in replacing the front end on my s10 truck when I had it. If you don't have a problem searching and waiting for deals you'll be okay, but if you like a quick and easy fix the kit is for you.
i was referring to the comparison of new and old, it's apples & oranges.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Beginning Member
jester429 is an unknown quantity at this point

so if one was to peice it all together at a junk yard, what parts would i be needing exactly?>

Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I think... Grille, headlights, signal lights, bumper, and bumper mounts may be different...

Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 PM
BF Guru

if you're going to get the stuff @ the wreckers, you need;

-wiring harness for the head lights.
-wiring harness for the signals (not sure if they're different for the 95-97 trucks, but always good to have if you start & find that they are).
-head lights, signals, grill.
-bumper & cover.

*if you do plan doing this, buy a new rad supprt. anything you find @ the wreckers will have some rot, guaranteed.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:58 PM

Core support and every bracket connected to it for the lights. The grill uses push clips. The front bumper will bolt right up, you just need a couple washers to space it up. You can also flip flop the side brackets or you can rebend them easily.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Beginning Member
Confuused69 is on a distinguished road

This is an easy installation. I did it by myself in 3 hours. I didnt buy the package though. I ordered a radiator support on ebay for 50$ Got headlights, grill and bumber at the junkyard for 100$

Quick Reply: 98+ Front End Conversion Kit